Sign in to follow this  
kav

No news from CIC PTA

Kiena

I found the following information on the CIC website:

Status of your application Explanation

IN

PROCESS

(A decision has not been made yet.) Application Received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC)

We have received your application and will review it in order of receipt. We will send you an acknowledgement letter.

Documentation Verified by CIC

We are reviewing your application to make sure it is complete and that no documents are missing. We will return incomplete applications for resubmission.

An Interview May be Required

We will review the application and decide if an interview is necessary. If so, we will inform you in writing of the date, time and location of the interview.

WITHDRAWN

(An application can only be withdrawn when it is IN PROCESS.) Application Withdrawn

You may only withdraw your application before the Visa has been issued. There are no refunds after processing has started.

DECISION

MADE

(A decision has been made at this point.) Medical Results Received by CIC

We have received your medical results. We will contact you only if additional tests are needed.

Approval Status Determined

Your application will be either approved or rejected. We will inform you of the decision in writing.

Permanent Residence Status Determined

If your application is approved, we will send you your permanent resident documentation and a letter saying what we need to finalize your permanent residence.

COMPLETE

(This is the last step in the processing of your application.) Applicant Arrives in Canada and is Granted

Permanent Residence

You will need to meet with an Immigration Officer who will verify your documents and grant you permanent residence if all is in order.

kav

Hi

This usually means medicals and it may request additional docs not always though.

You should get the letter in 3 weeks time.

Kav

I was supposed to hear from pretoria till end of November (2009),new system ,otherwise contact them

Today after several un answered email,I saw they changed my status from:(I sent my supporting document to them end of Aug)

Your application and supporting documents were received by the Pretoria office. They are pending review.

to:

Your application was reviewed and we started processing on January X, 2010

Is it a good news?

doest it mean Medical request?

or it means they only started to process and it takes 6 months to 1 year to be processed?

please advise as we are very nervous..

thanks thanks thanks

kav

HI

You are likely to receive you medical request in 2 weeks time.

Thats from my expereince.

Kav

Hi

My status also changed today to "in process" so it looks like things are on the move again at PTA yay :lol:

I looked at the CIC website/login page for an explanation of the "in process" term and depending on whether you submitted to PTA directly or first to NS and then to PTA it means different things. I assume if we used an agent based in canada then we fall in the section of the app done via NS but I stand to be corrected. I did not pay too much attention to what my agent was doing at the time of app , was just too excited to be lodging.

Has anybody elses status changed or heard any news since dec 09?

holding thumbs for every one

GAMAWOES
:):):):) Our PR application changed status!!!!!! From received by Pretoria office on 22 July 2009 to In Process on 25 January 2010. S-o-o-o-o-, somebody touched our file! Can not think something so small can cause such emotions. Wishing everyone who is waiting the same!

shaids

Hi

I know exactly how you feel , but beware now, this feeling of euphoria will soon subside and be replaced with the dreaded waiting and running to the post box every day to check for the enevelope with the request for medicals, BUT don't despair we all with you in the same boat .

As soon as you hear or receive any info pls put up a post so that we can do a time track on the return response of CIC.

Well done 2 hurdles down 2 to go

Dedré

Oh congratulations GAMAWOES! It is a good feeling. Enjoy!

mmeellooddyy

ccccccooonnnnnnggratulllaaaaatioooooooonnnnnnn

same feeling and same thing i do as shaida said:)LOL

EvB

Dear all, below a news article from www.workpermit.com reflecting on the claimed success of the new system (applications after Feb 2008). Trust this helps answering some questions. Apologies if this article is elsewhere referred to on the SACANADA forum. If so then the moderators may just move it then.

Canadian Government Immigration Plan to boost immigration

03 November 2009

For concise and recent immigration information watch our news.

On 30 October 2009 Jason Kenney, Minister of Citizenship, Immigration and Multiculturalism, put forward Citizenship and Immigration Canada's 2009 Annual Report.

"While other countries have cut back immigration levels as a short-term response to the global economic downturn, our government is actually maintaining its immigration levels to meet the country's medium - to long - term economic needs," said Minister Kenney.

"Canada plans to welcome between 240,000 and 265,000 new permanent residents in 2010, the same number of immigrants as in recent years. In 2010, Canada will again welcome more new permanent residents than the average annual intake during the 1990s," said Minister Kenney. "The focus of the 2010 plan is on economic immigration to support Canada's economy during and beyond the current economic recovery."

The good news is that the admission range for immigrants nominated by the provinces and territories has been increased. It is felt that provinces and territories are most likely to know most about their labour market needs and, also, that increasing the number of visa under this category will result in immigration benefitting the whole of Canada. Another benefit is that people coming under the provincial nominee programme will mean fewer people having to come under the federal skilled worker program which means increased resources so that skilled worker applications can be dealt with more quickly.

In the last year the Canadian Government has had an action plan that has resulted in faster processing of immigration visas. "People applying now under the federal skilled worker program can expect to receive a decision within six to twelve months, compared to up to six years under the old system," said Minister Kenney. "We've also brought the backlog of federal skilled worker applicants down from over 630,000 to 425,000—a reduction of more than 30%."

There is still a backlog of people waiting for decisions on their applications who applied before 27 February 2008. This is the date that the action plan took effect. Since this date a further 240,000 people have applied under the Canadian skilled worker program. The action plan has been a success and has resulted in twelve percent fewer people waiting for a decision than before. This is including the 240,000 new applicants.

"Before we changed the system, we had to process every application received. Since many more people applied every year than could be accepted, a backlog was created," said Minister Kenney. "Now that we are processing only those applications that meet specified criteria, our Government is making significant progress in reducing the backlog."

"The Government of Canada will continue to work with provinces, territories and stakeholders to make sure immigration meets the needs of communities, employers and families now and in the future," concluded the Minister.

Dedré
There is still a backlog of people waiting for decisions on their applications who applied before 27 February 2008. This is the date that the action plan took effect. Since this date a further 240,000 people have applied under the Canadian skilled worker program. The action plan has been a success and has resulted in twelve percent fewer people waiting for a decision than before. This is including the 240,000 new applicants.

"Before we changed the system, we had to process every application received. Since many more people applied every year than could be accepted, a backlog was created," said Minister Kenney. "Now that we are processing only those applications that meet specified criteria, our Government is making significant progress in reducing the backlog."

Hi E! Thank you for this post. I guess that answers a lot of people's questions... though they still don't say why they don't process the before 2008 applicants... Oi. But good for them.

mmeellooddyy

26 days since they changed my status to "in process"...still no news from them

no letter

kav had his in 3 weeks...it was medicals

i called an immigration agent in Durban,,they said it mens medical as well,,,

i am expecting a news even if it is not medical

waiting is killing me...

kav

Hi

A friend on mine, his status changed on the 1st to in process and today we got the medicals request.

Sure postal services is the issue outside gauteng.

Thanks

mmeellooddyy

u always give us hope,,,thank alot

mmeellooddyy

hi again,,,please let me know if there is any additional time consuming Candian security check when we finish our medicals and before they ask for passports?

mvdw

It took them 5 weeks to ask us to go for medicals after applying for WP. Most other people's takes a few days!

Hoping this means that our security check is done already :-)

mmeellooddyy

very possible

what about PR,,as they do name checking after medical?

shaids

Hi there

i know exactly how you feel. we also waiting almost 24 days since our status changed to in process and still no signs of any letters or requests for medicals.We applied through an agent based in Toronto and I thought that it might be faster to get a reply as stuff is sent weekly to Quebec but "not a chance". In fact it was more depressing asking the agent for clarification on the "in process" status as he said he can still be a few months before we hear anything. So pls pls if anyone receives any mail from CIC put the news on this website so we can start tracking our apps status. some people have posted that it actually takes 5 weeks or more so I am really counting the days to 25 Feb which makes it a full 5 weeks before i will then really start getting depressed

shaids
Hi

A friend on mine, his status changed on the 1st to in process and today we got the medicals request.

Sure postal services is the issue outside gauteng.

Thanks

hi

was this 01st Jan or 01 Feb that the status changed to "in process"

kav

HI

This was 1st Feb 2010.

The letter was sent quicker then i thought it would.

From my experience after medicals it took 4 weeks when i got the call to submit passports.

Thanks

Kav

shaids

HI

thanx kav

That is great news. I am sure your friend is really thrilled. So it looks like we should have some sort of news in the next 2 to 3 weeks if not sooner. You right there does seem to be some sort of delay between Kzn and Gauteng as I am now aware of 3 people who had their status change between the 09th and 28th jan 2010 to "in process" and basd in Kzn and none of them have received any correspondence from CIC as yet. Holding thumbs and wishing you friend the best of luck for the future. :D

Shireen

Hello, you guys should check out the site www.trackitt.com to see the time line of others that have also applied for Permanent Residence.

We applied diectly to Buffalo in March 2009 and our file has been transfered to LA. The ECAS remains unchanged to application received.

Regards

mmeellooddyy

hi

that is a good website,,but this one is more south african oriented and i think will more apply to us

Hello, you guys should check out the site www.trackitt.com to see the time line of others that have also applied for Permanent Residence.

We applied diectly to Buffalo in March 2009 and our file has been transfered to LA. The ECAS remains unchanged to application received.

Regards

mmeellooddyy

hi everyone

i was looking and many people's application approval date,,

i now believe they send the medical according to the time you submit the documents to sydney,,it means if u submit the docuemtns to pretoria so fast,it doesn't count for a fast medical request as they need to look at more behine application to follow the minister order (less than 1 yesr processing time)

am i right????

hi

that is a good website,,but this one is more south african oriented and i think will more apply to us

shaids

hi all

we just so excited it has been exactly 28 days since the status on ecas changed to" in process" and yes today we got the call from our agent informing us that medicals have been requested. So to all you guys that had the status changed in Jan 2010 I think the guys at cic are really processing away and you should be getting letters in the post soon.

we booked our meds for 03March and will keep everyone posted on the progress.

Holding thumbs and praying for all that are waiting , I know exactly how stressful it is right now

mmeellooddyy

congratulation

hope hope hope

is the agent in durban?

did they ask for interview or more documents if i may ask?

congratulationnnnnnnnnnnnnnn again,,i am still waiting

shaids
congratulation

hope hope hope

is the agent in durban?

did they ask for interview or more documents if i may ask?

congratulationnnnnnnnnnnnnnn again,,i am still waiting

Hi

agent I used is in gauteng but they use an immigration lawyer based in Toronto whomis an ex south African and very efficient.

NO interview requested and no further docs , just request for medicals. He is couriering the docs to us today so hope we get it in time for our meds

I am sure you will hear very soon from them as they really seem to be working quite quickly now. we applied in the section under federal skilled in the IT field, what did you apply under. I think they are working through the skills they require to be filled urgently.

holding thumbs for you, i know the wait is the worst but hang in there... I really admire the people who waited 3 and 4 years for a response so we should be thankful.