Sign in to follow this  
kav

No news from CIC PTA

EvB
Oh dear, thanx for the info but i was rather hoping for good news. I believe all correspondence is only sent via snail mail

is this correct? Maybe due to christmas and the hols postal deliveries have been delayed.

well I guess I will sit tight for a another 3 weeks or so before I nag my agent here in JHB to nag the lawyer in Toronto :lol:

It might be a bit tricky. You can revoke the agent authority. I have come across forms dealing with this a good while ago. The authority is in my view like a Power of Attorney for some one else to make inquiries and liaise on your behalf.

Get the form, get it ready then tell your agent that you are not happy and if no performance is forthcoming you want to withdraw their authority. I believe this is your right. At the same token if your agent is not approved report them to CIC. Agents are regulated if I recall correctly.

Thinking about it differently, what happens if your agent dies/goes insolvent/liquidated and you want to appoint a new agent? There has to be a way/instrument (form) with which you can appoint and cancel agents.

Hope this gets you on the right track

Regards

Edited by EvB

shaids
It might be a bit tricky. You can revoke the agent authority. I have come across forms dealing with this a good while ago. The authority is in my view like a Power of Attorney for some one else to make inquiries and liaise on your behalf.

Get the form, get it ready then tell your agent that you are not happy and if no performance is forthcoming you want to withdraw their authority. I believe this is your right. At the same token if your agent is not approved report them to CIC. Agents are regulated if I recall correctly.

Thinking about it differently, what happens if your agent dies/goes insolvent/liquidated and you want to appoint a new agent? There has to be a way/instrument (form) with which you can appoint and cancel agents.

Hope this gets you on the right track

Regards

thanx guys will definitely start investigating other options.

regards

mmelodyssmith

hey

waitttt

I am alos in Durban and I also submitted the document in 1st August and i also was requested to phone them by end november if i didnt hear from them they also didnt reply to my email and i al,so am waiting

nothing wrong with the agent,,,

wait,,,as kav said,,it is still xmass in south africa!!!

send me an email

ssmithmmelody@gmail.com

the dicument

thanx guys will definitely start investigating other options.

regards

GAMAWOES

We submitted our documents for PR to NS on 15 April 2009. On their system it was entered on 15 May 2009. It was sent to Pretoria in June 2009. Was recorded on the system in Pretoria on 22 July 2009. Received a letter in October, dated August, telling us to contact them end of November if we do not hear for them. Contacted them end of November and end of December with reference to the letter and the automatic generated answer we received on our e-mail. Still nothing. I think of everything that you have to go through to adapt in Canada, this waiting is the worst.

mmelodyssmith

intresting,,u are also waiting and submitted almost same time as us!!!

so anyone else who was waiting a reply "till end of november" but still waiting???

We submitted our documents for PR to NS on 15 April 2009. On their system it was entered on 15 May 2009. It was sent to Pretoria in June 2009. Was recorded on the system in Pretoria on 22 July 2009. Received a letter in October, dated August, telling us to contact them end of November if we do not hear for them. Contacted them end of November and end of December with reference to the letter and the automatic generated answer we received on our e-mail. Still nothing. I think of everything that you have to go through to adapt in Canada, this waiting is the worst.

Kiena

still waiting impatiently....4 months 4 weeks and 3 days since documents at Pta.

Documents at Pta 08/19 /2009, date to contact them shouldnt we hear from them 12/21/2009.

Since emailed them 3 times with no response... :blink:

mmelodyssmith

how many months are they behind now??

shouldn't some one who lives in pretoria or jhb go to them?and ask?

still waiting impatiently....4 months 4 weeks and 3 days since documents at Pta.

Documents at Pta 08/19 /2009, date to contact them shouldnt we hear from them 12/21/2009.

Since emailed them 3 times with no response... :blink:

shaids
how many months are they behind now??

shouldn't some one who lives in pretoria or jhb go to them?and ask?

thats sounds like a great idea. It would definitely put us out of our misery if we knew for sure that they are running behind. It is very concerning when one reads about other people getting everything done within 5 to 6 months from app to PR and then we hear nothing from PTA for 6 months

Does anybody know how long they take if they rejecting you? For now we just assuming we are accepted and waiting for a letter that says go for Medicals (hopefully)

Any applicants in the pretoria area in the same boat as us? I would have eagerly flown on one of the cheap flights but of course , now they will only deal with the agent and not me :cry:

I must admit that up to this point i have had no complaints about the agent i think the waiting is getting to me :lol:

Nirak
Any applicants in the pretoria area in the same boat as us? I would have eagerly flown on one of the cheap flights but of course , now they will only deal with the agent and not me :cry:

I must admit that up to this point i have had no complaints about the agent i think the waiting is getting to me :lol:

I'm sorry, but I don't believe that they will only give information to your agent and not you. Your sister, yup, they won't give any information to because she is not one of the applicants, but there is NO reason that they will withhold information from the applicant. When I went to see them, they wouldn't give any info to me until they realised I'm one of the applicants (the application was in my husband's name). Ok, I haven't made use of an agent, but I just had a look at the Use of Representative form, and no where on there does it indicate that they will not speak to the applicants.

Dedré
I'm sorry, but I don't believe that they will only give information to your agent and not you. Your sister, yup, they won't give any information to because she is not one of the applicants, but there is NO reason that they will withhold information from the applicant. When I went to see them, they wouldn't give any info to me until they realised I'm one of the applicants (the application was in my husband's name). Ok, I haven't made use of an agent, but I just had a look at the Use of Representative form, and no where on there does it indicate that they will not speak to the applicants.

I must say, I agree with you Karin. Way back there was a similar situation. Cathy from the Gauteng Coffee Club... if I am not mistaken... and they went in and out of the CIC offices sidestepping their agent constantly. But I don't know if it was part of the new rules... and whether a lawyer is different than an agent... They change the rules constantly and what you think you know... you suddenly don't know the next day.

natalieh
I must say, I agree with you Karin. Way back there was a similar situation. Cathy from the Gauteng Coffee Club... if I am not mistaken... and they went in and out of the CIC offices sidestepping their agent constantly. But I don't know if it was part of the new rules... and whether a lawyer is different than an agent... They change the rules constantly and what you think you know... you suddenly don't know the next day.

Why pay an agent and give them the authority to act on your behalf if you want to do all the leg work yourself?

Nirak
Why pay an agent and give them the authority to act on your behalf if you want to do all the leg work yourself?

That I agree with. I just didn't agree with the comments that the applicant can't go to CIC an enquire. And in fact, I think some of my friends would have been better off contacting CIC themselves as paperwork would be at the agents for MONTHS at a time before they inform them that they have to submit certain paperwork, etc. Their WP took over a year to be issued and their PR application is still in process after more than a year and they were in the exact same situation than we were. For us everything took 8 months from start to finish, they are here for 3 years already and still don't have PR. It is an industry that goes around claiming that they can do it faster and better than you can do it yourself, yet I personally have not seen evidence of that with anyone I know.

shaids
That I agree with. I just didn't agree with the comments that the applicant can't go to CIC an enquire. And in fact, I think some of my friends would have been better off contacting CIC themselves as paperwork would be at the agents for MONTHS at a time before they inform them that they have to submit certain paperwork, etc. Their WP took over a year to be issued and their PR application is still in process after more than a year and they were in the exact same situation than we were. For us everything took 8 months from start to finish, they are here for 3 years already and still don't have PR. It is an industry that goes around claiming that they can do it faster and better than you can do it yourself, yet I personally have not seen evidence of that with anyone I know.

Thanx for all the feedback guys. Will definitely make an effort to traipse to PTA in the next few weeks. We went the agent route because my sister did and she had a hassle free and short wait before being accepted,although that was 2002.

Cathy

Dedre is right we did have an agent and we did go to Pretoria ourselves upon occassion. Part of it was because we had a PR application and a work permit application in process at the same time. We went more for the WP application but used the opportunity to enquire on the PR progress.

The biggest downside of using a Canadian based agent is the length of time it takes for things to be communicated. This is not the fault of the agent but rather of the process. If I understand it correctly CHC Pretoria sends a weekly correspondence bag to Ottawa. The correspondence is then sorted and sent to the intended recipients in Canada. If your agent is in Canada they they then have to send the documents, eg the medical requests, back to you. A case in point is that the date of the letter from CHC Pretoria advising us that we could have our PR medicals done was 6 weeks prior to us becoming aware that we had reached that stage in the process. We took our passports directy to CHC Pretoria and collected them to save time.

mmeellooddyy

I was supposed to hear from pretoria till end of November (2009),new system ,otherwise contact them

Today after several un answered email,I saw they changed my status from:(I sent my supporting document to them end of Aug)

Your application and supporting documents were received by the Pretoria office. They are pending review.

to:

Your application was reviewed and we started processing on January X, 2010

Is it a good news?

doest it mean Medical request?

or it means they only started to process and it takes 6 months to 1 year to be processed?

please advise as we are very nervous..

thanks thanks thanks

Dedré

It just means someone is processing it, and if they find your application to be good, they will request you to go for medicals. There is no telling how long their review process might be. It seems to change the more applications they get. Sorry.

mmeellooddyy

i just heared that when they say they reviewed,it means they decided,,,,

Dedré

Then you have your answer.

mmeellooddyy

so it is confusing now

u said something and our friend in toronto said it means they decided

anyone else has any idea??

i just heared that when they say they reviewed,it means they decided,,,,

shaids
It just means someone is processing it, and if they find your application to be good, they will request you to go for medicals. There is no telling how long their review process might be. It seems to change the more applications they get. Sorry.

Hi

My status also changed today to "in process" so it looks like things are on the move again at PTA yay :lol:

I looked at the CIC website/login page for an explanation of the "in process" term and depending on whether you submitted to PTA directly or first to NS and then to PTA it means different things. I assume if we used an agent based in canada then we fall in the section of the app done via NS but I stand to be corrected. I did not pay too much attention to what my agent was doing at the time of app , was just too excited to be lodging.

Has anybody elses status changed or heard any news since dec 09?

holding thumbs for every one

shaids
Hi

My status also changed today to "in process" so it looks like things are on the move again at PTA yay :lol:

I looked at the CIC website/login page for an explanation of the "in process" term and depending on whether you submitted to PTA directly or first to NS and then to PTA it means different things. I assume if we used an agent based in canada then we fall in the section of the app done via NS but I stand to be corrected. I did not pay too much attention to what my agent was doing at the time of app , was just too excited to be lodging.

Has anybody elses status changed or heard any news since dec 09?

holding thumbs for every one

Hi melody

I went to this website that i has seen posted on someones reply in this forum and found it to be very helpful

Use your case ref no in the immigration app and fill in the details ( https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/authenticate.do?app=ecas) hope this helps

mmeellooddyy

hi mate

this just shows my status while i already checked

i have another friend here ,he said his status also changed to a new one 1 weeks ago !!!same

now we don't want to move to canada soon:)LOL

joking

t

Hi melody

I went to this website that i has seen posted on someones reply in this forum and found it to be very helpful

Use your case ref no in the immigration app and fill in the details ( https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/authenticate.do?app=ecas) hope this helps

Dedré
so it is confusing now

u said something and our friend in toronto said it means they decided

anyone else has any idea??

When they start to pick up your file it will be : "In Process"

When they have made a decision, it will say: "Decision Made"

When they have sent for medicals it will say: "Pending Medicals"

Then they will waver the interview and it will say: "Interview Wavered"

When they have made their final decision, it will say: "File Closed" ... not a hundred percent sure about this one ... but it says something similar to that. That was our experience when we applied.

Kiena

We received the following email this morning":

re-pret-imm-information@international.gc.ca ✆ to me

show details 12:44 AM (12 hours ago)

Dear Mr. Joubert,

We wish to advise that your application has been reviewed. In order to determine whether or not your application is eligible for processing, you will need to submit the following documents to our office within the next 60 days:

- Employment references from your employer(s) in Canada, on original letterheads, confirming your period of employment, positions held and duties performed.

- Certified copies of your payslips from January 2009 to date.

- Certified copy of your current work permit.

- Letter from your current employer confirming that you will be offered a permanent position if the permanent resident visa is issued.

If your application is found not eligible for processing, you will receive a letter informing you of the reasons for the determination as well as a refund.

Yours sincerely,

[name-removed]

Immigration Program Assistant

Canadian High Commission

South Africa

Fax (012) 4223053

Edited by Hendie
assistant name removed on request

mmeellooddyy

hi..so it means when they reviewed the application,they looked at your provided documents and they decided if they happy or not,like yours that they needed more documents,,,does it mean that when they reviewed ours ,they were already happy about the document and as they said,they started processing????in other word,medical????????

name='Kiena' date='Jan 27 2010, 12:52 PM' post='102173']

We received the following email this morning":

re-pret-imm-information@international.gc.ca ✆ to me

show details 12:44 AM (12 hours ago)

Dear Mr. Joubert,

We wish to advise that your application has been reviewed. In order to determine whether or not your application is eligible for processing, you will need to submit the following documents to our office within the next 60 days:

- Employment references from your employer(s) in Canada, on original letterheads, confirming your period of employment, positions held and duties performed.

- Certified copies of your payslips from January 2009 to date.

- Certified copy of your current work permit.

- Letter from your current employer confirming that you will be offered a permanent position if the permanent resident visa is issued.

If your application is found not eligible for processing, you will receive a letter informing you of the reasons for the determination as well as a refund.

Yours sincerely,

[name-removed]

Immigration Program Assistant

Canadian High Commission

South Africa

Fax (012) 4223053

Edited by Hendie
assistant name removed on request