Sign in to follow this  
kav

No news from CIC PTA

kav

Just got a call now to collect passports as process is complete.

Now the second stage of this whole thing starts.

Dedré

Congratulations Kav and family.

Firefly and Kiena, holding thumbs that you guys will hear soon.

mmelodyssmith

hi

should we send them again an email asking them why they didn't come back to us after 4 months of having our documents?

i did it one month ago...

Congratulations Kav and family.

Firefly and Kiena, holding thumbs that you guys will hear soon.

kav

Thanks

What I have noticed is that they are coming back to you after about 3 weeks from the date they advise you to contact them.

Kiena
Thanks

What I have noticed is that they are coming back to you after about 3 weeks from the date they advise you to contact them.

Hi Kav,

Gongratulations!

Well we hope this is the case, becauce then we should hear soon as we are 2 weeks over....then it is the medicals.

Dedré
hi

should we send them again an email asking them why they didn't come back to us after 4 months of having our documents?

Mmelodyssmith, has it been 4 months since your initial submition? If so, yes, it is too early. It seems that applications take a year now to being assessed.

Annamarie R

Congrats Kav!

To think that this was only the first stage of the process… :P

Good luck with getting everything sorted for the big move! Hope it all goes well. :D

kav

Thanks all

Just got back from CHC all docs in hand :P

Timeframe 28Feb2009 - 6JAN2010.

Kav

mmelodyssmith

hi

congratulation to KAV

maybe i should ask Kav now,,i think dedre is wrong about 1 year processing time

i submitted the documents 5 months aon and email them last month,,,they never answered,,

isn't it supposed to take around 4 months??do they reject people so often?

Thanks all

Just got back from CHC all docs in hand :P

Timeframe 28Feb2009 - 6JAN2010.

Kav

kav

HI Mmledoyssmith

Thanks .

It looks like it takes 5 months from the time you hand in your docs to CHC based on my time for them to process your application.

Thereafter the process is quick about 2-3 months to complete.

I had also sent an email after my deadline but never got a response , about 3 weeks later i went there and found out they will be sending medicals etc.

I think some NOCS are treated more urgently then others not sure though read it somewhere.

Kav

Sheryl

Great news Kav, now the stress starts all over again with the move etc. Keep us informed.

Glad to see there's a bit of life in Pretoria :D - we're waiting ever so (im)patiently for our call, medicals done in Oct, additional info they needed submitted 4 weeks ago......please, PLEASE let it happen soon!! :P

Ronel

Hi all, hope everybody had a great Xmas & New Year. :P

Anyhow, I got some positive news from Pretoria today, after a very long silence.

Told us our interview has been waved.... and were in the queue for the medicals and will here from them whitin 4 to 6 weeks...

So its not to shabby to start of the New Year.

mmelodyssmith

Dear Kav

is there a number i can phone them as i can't go to pretoria??

HI Mmledoyssmith

Thanks .

It looks like it takes 5 months from the time you hand in your docs to CHC based on my time for them to process your application.

Thereafter the process is quick about 2-3 months to complete.

I had also sent an email after my deadline but never got a response , about 3 weeks later i went there and found out they will be sending medicals etc.

I think some NOCS are treated more urgently then others not sure though read it somewhere.

Kav

Dedré

Congratulations Ronel and family. I aggree, it is an awesome gift! :P

Ronel
Congratulations Ronel and family. I aggree, it is an awesome gift! :P

Thanx Dedre,

I must say Im a bit more relaxed now that I got this news, were almost there, I am so exited :D

Geeta

Hi Kav

Congrats............................

mvdw

Hi everyone

I emailed the CHC on Tuesday, and got a response within 3 hours...requesting more info to answer my question, but nothing since, so apparently they do respond!

This is a double post, but has anyone had a request for work permit medicals since the beginning of December 2009? We submitted our work permit applications on the 3rd of December, but haven't heard a thing from them, not even an acknowledgement, or a file number to track the application further...

Thanks

Dedré

Mvdw, they are supposed to contact you with a file number asap. I am worried about that at the moment. Read my PM, ponder over it, decide what you are going to do, and let us know. Sorry that they are not responding. We pray that they do so soon.

BlueBellMoon

Good News, we finally received that long long awaited call from the Embassy on the 7 Jan for our passports. YIPPEE

July 2008: Logged application

Jan 2009: Received AOR for supporting documents

April 2009: Delivered documents

26 Aug 2009: Received request for medical and further information

28 Sep 2009: Medical done

1 Oct 2009: Medical send to Nairobi

10 Dec 2009: Requested further information

7 Jan 2010: Passport request

Edited by BlueBellMoon

mvdw

Whoohoo

I received an email this morning from CHC with our file number and a request for medicals!

They have been booked for the 19th of January!

Dedré

Congratulations BlueBelMoon and Mvdw. :hug: Happy Days!

shaids
Congratulations BlueBelMoon and Mvdw. B) Happy Days!

congrats to the guys who have finally made it to Canada. I was wondering if anyone could help me with this query.

we applied using an agency based in JHb (I know you guys are not too keen on this route) :lol: However I have found them pretty helpful until recently. Basically we applied in April 2009 via the agent in NS got a ref no and was aked by PTA to submit all docs and app forms etc by mid Aug which we did. PTA confirmed receipt of full appl to our agent and that was in Aug 2009 since then the silence is deafning.However my dilemma at the moment is that my sister who is based in Canada and has PR status was down in Dec and had to visit CIC PTA for unrelated matters so being the good samaratin thiught she would enquire on progress of our app. The lady was keen to provide info until she realised we had an agent and then apologised that only the agent could get info however she did let slip that CIC was awaiting docs. I have asked my agent here in JHB to follow up however the listed agent is based in Toronto and assures me that they have not received any requests for any docs. Finally, my question is this ,Will PTA release info to me (the Applicant) if I turned up at CIC , this is not very eady for me to do as I am based in Durban so it means a flight etc.

Of course it goes without saying that I have emailed but as usual no response. I have noticed from the posts that people who applied by themselves in the approx time period that i have done seemed to have had some sort of requests for medicals and some have already been given visa already so I am getting very concerned.

Any advise would be appreciated

thx

Shaids

natalieh
congrats to the guys who have finally made it to Canada. I was wondering if anyone could help me with this query.

we applied using an agency based in JHb (I know you guys are not too keen on this route) :lol: However I have found them pretty helpful until recently. Basically we applied in April 2009 via the agent in NS got a ref no and was aked by PTA to submit all docs and app forms etc by mid Aug which we did. PTA confirmed receipt of full appl to our agent and that was in Aug 2009 since then the silence is deafning.However my dilemma at the moment is that my sister who is based in Canada and has PR status was down in Dec and had to visit CIC PTA for unrelated matters so being the good samaratin thiught she would enquire on progress of our app. The lady was keen to provide info until she realised we had an agent and then apologised that only the agent could get info however she did let slip that CIC was awaiting docs. I have asked my agent here in JHB to follow up however the listed agent is based in Toronto and assures me that they have not received any requests for any docs. Finally, my question is this ,Will PTA release info to me (the Applicant) if I turned up at CIC , this is not very eady for me to do as I am based in Durban so it means a flight etc.

Of course it goes without saying that I have emailed but as usual no response. I have noticed from the posts that people who applied by themselves in the approx time period that i have done seemed to have had some sort of requests for medicals and some have already been given visa already so I am getting very concerned.

Any advise would be appreciated

thx

Shaids

You have to do all inquiries through your agent.

shaids
You have to do all inquiries through your agent.

Oh dear, thanx for the info but i was rather hoping for good news. I believe all correspondence is only sent via snail mail

is this correct? Maybe due to christmas and the hols postal deliveries have been delayed.

well I guess I will sit tight for a another 3 weeks or so before I nag my agent here in JHB to nag the lawyer in Toronto :lol:

Dedré

Ag man... that is just crappy news. Sorry to hear. I would have hoped you could esquire on your own. They use e-mail too. I don't know the address, but you can get it on their website, and the agent in Toronto should have it. Sit on their case... You are paying them money, make them earn it. They should be treating you like a client, because you are one.