Sign in to follow this  
kav

No news from CIC PTA

kav

Still nothing !!! Not even response on email sent to them on the 1st.

Just J

I haven't heard anything regarding our medicals yet - they were couriered on the 18th September.

This Friday it will be 5 weeks since they were sent. If I hear anything, I will let you know.

Tea

Nothing this side either

Ronel

Nothing here.

Still waiting

Kiena

Nothing from our side, not even on our numerous emails sent......

kav

I am going to PTA on Tuesday so I will visit CHC and see what is going on.

kav

found ths on another forum :

Posted by seagull (5) 1 hour 44 minutes ago

Good post Tracert.

A CIC staff member told me this at a public event - sometimes visa offices shift their focus for some time (several months?) towards other type of applications like PNP, CEC, etc. This happens in case the particular visa office hasn't achieved the "target" (they have no quotas per year, but they do have targets to be achieved for every category) of processing that category of applications in a particular period, which is not necessarily an yearly period. Accordingly, they suspend work on other type of applications until they have achieved their other targets.

If you create a similar chart as above for CEC, PNP, etc. at Buffalo, then you will find that office processing good volumes in the months of Aug, Sep and Oct in these categories. So, they will come back to FSW apps after they have achieved their targets - I hope they do not prolong this game beyond 2009.

I also think that due to the bad economic situation, CEC and PNP are being preferred by Canadian provinces and businesses, that may be why PNP and CEC targets are more critical right now.

Kiena

Received thefollowing reply:

Dear Mr. Joubert,

We wish to advise that your file is currently in the queue with other files awaiting assessment. In fairness to all our applicants, applications are processed in order of receipt. As your medicals are due to expire on 4 November 2009, you will be required to do new medical examinations for your immigration application. Medical examination instructions will be sent to you as soon as the officer has reviewed your application.

Yours sincerely,

[name-removed]

Immigration Program Assistant

Canadian High Commission

South Africa

Fax (012) 4223053

Edited by Hendie
assistant name removed on request

Jamisons

the very thing you didn't want to hear. after the medicals it's home free, right.

kav

Although not so good news atleast you have got a response from them.

Kiena

not what I wanted to hear, beacause that will ad about another month or two to the process :D ...but at least I received a response.

Tokkie B
not what I wanted to hear, beacause that will ad about another month or two to the process :D ...but at least I received a response.

Hi Kiena/Kav

Hang in there! At least you know your applications will be processed. Not a easy one, been there. ;)

Annamarie R
Hi

Was just wondering if anyone else in the the same boat.

I hand delivered docs to CIC Pta on the 5th of June 09 and received AOR from them on 20 July 09 letter dated 23 June 09.

I was advised to contact them after 5 Oct 09 if i have not heard anything.

I have not heard anything as yet and status on ecas says recieved by visa office.

Wonder if things have slowed down or there is a problem. Based on others they have heard back well before the advised date.

Kav

Hi Guys

We handed in our PR application May

Received the PTA. High commission letter stating to contact them after 4 Sept.

Our Medical tests were only issued 22 Oct.

So something is happening … they seem to be about a 1 ½ months behind schedule.

Hope this eases the pain.

Good luck to all!

kav

Hi All

Ok, I went to CHC today to check on my application.

The lady was very helpfull and checked on the system.

She said my application was in process and that I should receive my medical and landing fee instruction this week.

I checked now on E CAS and it has been updated to in processon the 20th.

So I guess they are busy and running alittle behind.

Kav

mmelodyssmith

very good news

so they are 1 month behind

so do they also reject many cases?

maybe u laugh at my question...

Hi All

Ok, I went to CHC today to check on my application.

The lady was very helpfull and checked on the system.

She said my application was in process and that I should receive my medical and landing fee instruction this week.

I checked now on E CAS and it has been updated to in processon the 20th.

So I guess they are busy and running alittle behind.

Kav

Ronel
so what all these mean?

they are again overload by applications and we have to waits months and months before any reply from them

like previous system that people had to wait for years???

Shoe, we dont have years to wait, were in canada on work permits and they exp June 2010

This is so painfull.the waiting its eating away... :P

Just J

Pretoria called us Tuesday 3rd November to request our passports.

Sent our passports Wednesday but PR visas not issued due to there being an error on my passport - I have to apply for a new passport and then we must resubmit our passports for the visas.

Hope this gives everyone a boost to hang in there!

(Check your passport is 100% correct while you wait....)

Edited by Just J

Tokkie B
Pretoria called us Tuesday 3rd November to request our passports.

Sent our passports Wednesday but PR visas not issued due to there being an error on my passport - I have to apply for a new passport and then we must resubmit our passports for the visas.

Hope this gives everyone a boost to hang in there!

(Check your passport is 100% correct while you wait....)

Great news - at least we know they are working on the PR applications again. Sorry about the technical error. Will this have an influence on your departure date?

EvB
I think it has more to do with the recession and political climate in Canada at the moment.

I agree the recession has had a big impact on Canada employment. Official unemployment is up from circa 5-6% to 8.6%. The underemployment (unemployed + people looking for work) numbers are sharply up although EI claims have stabilized, the overall majority is of the view that EI claims stabilized due to people not claiming as they have run out of EI benefits. Causing havoc in stats is the mix between formerly employed and self employed. This causes some bias in the numbers. All in all Canada has lost circa 400 jobs since the recession started. In certain circles I hear it is difficult to get WP renewed. This year on campus the student numbers are sharply up due to people going back to school. Hence this could have an impact and then also do not "through the baby out with the bath water", I think the recent Refugee matter has placed a spanner in the works too. If you look at the posts in this section and time lines dragging I cannot help to notice that new delays have started at around the same time the news of the Refugee matter broke.

I hold my breath and thumbs for all still waiting to receive news, it is most certainly the most uncomfortable experience of not receiving news at all. I know exactly how it feels. You wake up thinking Canada and CIC and immigration, you go to bed with the same thoughts, you eager to check the forum, in the hope that "maybe someone has new news" it can drive you nuts making it difficult to focus. It is tough!!. All you can do is just hang in for dear life with all you have. Where there is hope there is light even though it is difficult to see. Develop plan B's and C's and work out a way of how they can fit together and support one another.

Kind Regards

mmelodyssmith

hi

nobody wants to update this table...

it is 4 months and some days since we submited the documents to pretoria ,no news,,,,

stressed and waiting,,any idea?

i emailed them,no reply

I agree the recession has had a big impact on Canada employment. Official unemployment is up from circa 5-6% to 8.6%. The underemployment (unemployed + people looking for work) numbers are sharply up although EI claims have stabilized, the overall majority is of the view that EI claims stabilized due to people not claiming as they have run out of EI benefits. Causing havoc in stats is the mix between formerly employed and self employed. This causes some bias in the numbers. All in all Canada has lost circa 400 jobs since the recession started. In certain circles I hear it is difficult to get WP renewed. This year on campus the student numbers are sharply up due to people going back to school. Hence this could have an impact and then also do not "through the baby out with the bath water", I think the recent Refugee matter has placed a spanner in the works too. If you look at the posts in this section and time lines dragging I cannot help to notice that new delays have started at around the same time the news of the Refugee matter broke.

I hold my breath and thumbs for all still waiting to receive news, it is most certainly the most uncomfortable experience of not receiving news at all. I know exactly how it feels. You wake up thinking Canada and CIC and immigration, you go to bed with the same thoughts, you eager to check the forum, in the hope that "maybe someone has new news" it can drive you nuts making it difficult to focus. It is tough!!. All you can do is just hang in for dear life with all you have. Where there is hope there is light even though it is difficult to see. Develop plan B's and C's and work out a way of how they can fit together and support one another.

Kind Regards

Annamarie R
hi

nobody wants to update this table...

it is 4 months and some days since we submited the documents to pretoria ,no news,,,,

stressed and waiting,,any idea?

i emailed them,no reply

hi Melody

This thread and the “got a brown envelope yesterday” are kind of linked.

We got our reply, so hang in there! CHC Pta are +-1month behind - on the new process.

Please read the above mentioned thread, or see our time line under my profile, maybe I can help you feel a bit better, and please know that everyone feels/felt the same and the wait has driven us all

:lol::lol::blink:

Kiena

In the same boat here....Pretoria received our documentation on August 19th...will email them on the 21st as instructed by them and see...

kav

Hi

The process is moving along about a month or so behind.

Hang in there you will hear from them.

Also with the holidays coming up maybe alittle longer to wait.

Kav

Kiena

Well I have sent two mails already tot Pta since the 21st of December (the date they requested us to contact them should we not hear from them....

Hopefully soon. :rolleyes:

firefly

We're in the same boat, we are waiting very (im)patiently to hear from Pta. Our medicals were submitted in Oct.