Sign in to follow this  
kav

No news from CIC PTA

kav

Hi

Was just wondering if anyone else in the the same boat.

I hand delivered docs to CIC Pta on the 5th of June 09 and received AOR from them on 20 July 09 letter dated 23 June 09.

I was advised to contact them after 5 Oct 09 if i have not heard anything.

I have not heard anything as yet and status on ecas says recieved by visa office.

Wonder if things have slowed down or there is a problem. Based on others they have heard back well before the advised date.

Kav

mmelodyssmith

such a nice topic

i was thinking the same,,they told me i should call them by november and i am one month behind u..

why they slow now?

they told me it takes 2 months to process for them

Hi

Was just wondering if anyone else in the the same boat.

I hand delivered docs to CIC Pta on the 5th of June 09 and received AOR from them on 20 July 09 letter dated 23 June 09.

I was advised to contact them after 5 Oct 09 if i have not heard anything.

I have not heard anything as yet and status on ecas says recieved by visa office.

Wonder if things have slowed down or there is a problem. Based on others they have heard back well before the advised date.

Kav

Tea

We were supposed to hear from them by the 20th of September 2009. Nothing yet, and no reply on the email sent to Pretoria in the beginning of September. So we will have to wait and see.

Regards,

Tea

Edited by Tea

Kiena

This is no good :rolleyes:

Our application was received by Pta on Aug 19 and we received a letter

from them On Sept 25the dated Aug 26 that if we dont hear from them by Dec 21, we should contact them.

I am just concerned as they dont answer any of my emails...

A couple of months ago I emailed them on a question on wp change and they never replied :magic:

Seems the service has dropped.....

Ronel

I agree with u Kiena, Pretoria were suppose to update us on our PR Visa status 4 - 6 weeks they said. Today is week 8!!! Nothing not a word from them. Not even our agent can get anything out of them!!! What a shamble!!!

Edited by Ronel

mmelodyssmith

so what all these mean?

they are again overload by applications and we have to waits months and months before any reply from them

like previous system that people had to wait for years???

I agree with u Kiena, Pretoria were suppose to update us on our PR Visa status 4 - 6 weeks they said. Today is week 8!!! Nothing not a word from them. Not even our agent can get anything out of them!!! What a shamble!!!

Kiena

I dont know what is going on.... :rolleyes:

Maybe we all should contact the Minister of Immigration about this situation:

Please see details below:

Contact the Minister

You may send comments to the Honourable Jason Kenney at Minister@cic.gc.ca.

Please note that if you want application status information or to change your address, you may do so using our online services. Case status enquiries and change-of-address requests are not handled via the Minister’s e-mail address.

Mail

Please write to:

The Honourable Jason Kenney, P.C., M.P.

Citizenship and Immigration Canada

Ottawa, Ontario

K1A 1L1

It seems they do answre any complaints and concerns. When I contacted our MP in our area regarding an LMO issue I received a telephone call from his (minister of state) withing a week and he wrote a letter to the minister of Human resources and Social Development the very next day.

We were supprised to received my husband's changed work permit about a week later in the mail.

Let's see what happens...

kav

Hi All

This is worring esp. when you put you life on hold pending the outcome of this visa application.

I have now also sent PTA an email requesting feed back, so lets see when I do hear anything from them.

Kav

Kiena
Hi All

This is worring esp. when you put you life on hold pending the outcome of this visa application.

I have now also sent PTA an email requesting feed back, so lets see when I do hear anything from them.

Kav

Good luck with that Kav....seeing that they dont reply to my emails anymore!!!!

Let us know what happens

mmelodyssmith

I found this information posted by a member here

We have received request to submit passport. I am SO HAPPY!!

We have applied under the new system and for the benefit of all our timeline:

22 Jan 2009 - Forward full application to CIU Sydney NS by DHL.

26 Jan 2009 - Application received at CIU Sydney.

26 Feb 2009 - Received letter dated 4 Feb 2009 from CIU Sydney stating that we are being recommended for further processing. Must now submit full documents.

20 March 2009 - Full application and supporting documentation submitted to Pretoria Visa Office.

3 April 2009 - Receive letter dated 26 March 2009 from the Pretoria office stating that they had received my full application and supporting documentation for skilled PR. I was also instructed to contact them if I had heard nothing by 26 July 2009.

6 June 2009 - Receive letter dated 3 June 2009 stating that we are provisionally accepted and interviewed not required (but they could change their mind). Must do medical and pay PR Fee within 60 days.

19 June 2009 - Completed Medicals

22 June 2009 - Paid PR Fees

23 June 2009 - Medicals arrived in Nairobi

1 Aug 2009 - Received letter in post (posted on 28 July 2009) - requesting passport plus recent photos

8 aug visa

so maybe all of us should update others and tel eachother about our timeframes

Good luck with that Kav....seeing that they dont reply to my emails anymore!!!!

Let us know what happens

Nirak
so maybe all of us should update others and tel eachother about our timeframes

There are threads with all the different timelines, one each for WP, PR and Citizenship

mmelodyssmith

I don't see anything updated for PR

I guess we should inform eachother here

There are threads with all the different timelines, one each for WP, PR and Citizenship

Nirak

I know Dedre has been busy. But that is the best place to inform each other as it is pinned and won't disappear as other threads might.

mmelodyssmith

would you send the exact link

I know Dedre has been busy. But that is the best place to inform each other as it is pinned and won't disappear as other threads might.

Nirak

BTW from my experience with emailing CIC Pretoria - they only answered emails where I could give them pertinent reasons for my query - e.g. when we went past the starting date on the contract and I told them in the email that the employer would like an indication for when the visas would be approved, or when they stated a specific date and I could reference to what they indicated to us in writing wrt to the dates. Emailing them 10 times about the exact same query with not supporting facts will more often than not result in getting no answer. And it also helps if the email is from the main applicant (it took them a while to realise that I'm also allowed to get information on the application)

Edited by Nirak

hennie_dup
so what all these mean?

they are again overload by applications and we have to waits months and months before any reply from them

like previous system that people had to wait for years???

What do you have to complain about?

I applied more than 4 years ago and was told I'll have an answer after 24-28 months. It's now been 50 months and I still have not had a single word from them, so get with the programme. Even under the new regulations why would you expect any better service from CIC?

Start complaining when you've aited as long as some of us have - weeks or even months are no reason to complain. As it is it remains patently unfair that your applications should receive ANY attention before mine does, sorry.

Jamisons

I applied more than 4 years ago and was told I'll have an answer after 24-28 months. It's now been 50 months and I still have not had a single word from them, so get with the programme. Even under the new regulations why would you expect any better service from CIC?

Start complaining when you've aited as long as some of us have - weeks or even months are no reason to complain. As it is it remains patently unfair that your applications should receive ANY attention before mine does, sorry.

guys like you are the real oldschoolers, the pioneers of old. true legends of this forum.

huge respect to all those who are stand firm in the queue.

Tea

Huh? Nobody is complaining. We are just trying to source some information amongst ourselves, seeing that CIC did not answer any emails sent to them, even where they stated you should contact them after a certain date.

On the subject of "fairness" under the old and new processes. We have applied 2 years ago under the old process, and lodged again under the new process. We received an AOR date and nothing else since for the 1st application. The second application we got to the stage where we were supposed to have the next set of instructions in September. I really do not know why don't more people do a second application?

Regards,

Tea

mmelodyssmith

i did exactly the same,,

i am hoping it to be faster!

Huh? Nobody is complaining. We are just trying to source some information amongst ourselves, seeing that CIC did not answer any emails sent to them, even where they stated you should contact them after a certain date.

On the subject of "fairness" under the old and new processes. We have applied 2 years ago under the old process, and lodged again under the new process. We received an AOR date and nothing else since for the 1st application. The second application we got to the stage where we were supposed to have the next set of instructions in September. I really do not know why don't more people do a second application?

Regards,

Tea

kav

Any news yet .......anyone ?

My side nothing yet, no response to email as well yet.

Kiena

nothing....

Blesbuck
Any news yet .......anyone ?

My side nothing yet, no response to email as well yet.

Talked to an Immigration Consultant yesterday, according to her Pretoria doesn't respond to anything the last month or so

kav

I wonder if that "refugee case" had anything to do with things getting so quite at cic Pta.

A friend of mines did get a AOR last week after handing his full documents in on the 1 Sept 09.

From this forum it would seem the last person to get medical request was JustJ on the 31 August 09.

Nirak

I think it has more to do with the recession and political climate in Canada at the moment.

Edited by Nirak