Sign in to follow this  
Harry

Samuel Bruce Stanley

Harry

Folks,

I'm turning to you guys in the hope that the ex-pat SA community might be able to trace the man I am looking for in the UK. I have no experience of UK ex-pat networks, so feel free to advise.

The above gentleman placed an article on a BBC site: http://www.bbc.co.uk/ww2peopleswar/stories/24/a8552324.shtml

That is exactly the story of my father-in-law. They must have escaped the Island of Kos together in 1943.

SO, I'd like to be able to meet with this gentleman to write up their story.

Any wisdom on how one traces an 88 year old 2004-immigrant in the UK who is likely living with his children somewhere in England?

LesW

Try posting this message on saeu.org. There isn't much activity there, but you might be lucky.

Register on sareunited.com (it's free) and search for "stanley" in the UK (do it on surname, then on maiden name). There are quite a few, you could pm them and see if any are related.

Good Luck !!!

Harry

Les,

Thanks...maybe I should try that. Nothing else has worked so far.

Try posting this message on saeu.org. There isn't much activity there, but you might be lucky.

Register on sareunited.com (it's free) and search for "stanley" in the UK (do it on surname, then on maiden name). There are quite a few, you could pm them and see if any are related.

Good Luck !!!

Cathy K

Harry, have you tried contacting the M.O.T.H.S (Memorable Order of the Tin Hats)

This society of ex servicemen and women is still very active and they have "shell-holes" all over the world.

Cathy K