Adele

Surrey: Spring Fling Bring and Share Dinner, May 2nd, 2009

Adele

Saturday, May 2, 2009

6:30pm - 11:55pm

Cloverdale, aka Smallville

17445 57th Avenue

Surrey, BC

Spring is here, its finally getting warmer!

We have not had a function for a few months now, and I was thinking that everyone feels like I do, just wanting to chase those "Winter Blues" away.

Several folks have suggested that it is time for a get together again and what better way to 'celebrate' than with a warming fire, good food, free flowing conversation and great friends!

So, pull out the braai tongs, go and buy some chops, some wors and a bottle of Wine. Then join us for some braaing!

(Translation: pull out the tongs, get some chops, sausage and join us for a Barbqueue!)

All persons joining us, please bring along your own drinks, meat and if your last name starts with A - M bring a salad or hot dish and N - Z bring a desert for the share table.

YOU DON'T WANT TO MISS THIS!!!

Nirak

We are arriving one day too late.

KarenW

I hope the good weather we have been having will continue. Looking forward to meeting everyone :cry:

Adele

I too am hoping the weather will hold out! I am going to start checking the 10 day forecast in a few days time! Will keep everyone updated!

M.Bower

HI there,

can someone call me with more info please? Do we need to reserve? What is the suggested donation? Thanks. you can email john.bower@shaw.ca with more info.

Thanks

John & Marietjie

Adele

Hi John & Marietjie

I have replied to your email address with details about this event.

It will be $10 per person. I do need details of the amount of people who will be attending as I need to know the size of lamb/s I will need to purchase!

Adele

Today at 6:56am

Hey Spring Flingers!

I have some bad news that has brought about an urgent change to our plans for Saturday night.

Mathew Barlett, had to leave Canada to SA on short notice. His mother has fallen ill and had to have an emergency operation. He is with his family at this difficult time and he was not sure how long he was going to be in SA. He was hoping to be back in time for our Spit braai (he has all the equipment) but he won't be.

Since he has had to cancel his services for Saturday night, I have to change the arrangements.

WE WILL ONLY BE BRAAIING (barbecuing) AND IT IS A 'BRING YOUR OWN MEAT'. There will no longer be a cost per plate involved but donations for other expenses will be collected. I have also changed the start time because of this situation.

I apologise for this change in plans and understand if you wish to change your RSVP.

Cheers and hope to still see you on Saturday night.

Adele Mace-Putter

DarrellL

Saturday, May 2, 2009

6:30pm - 11:55pm

Cloverdale, aka Smallville

17445 57th Avenue

Surrey, BC

Spring is here, its finally getting warmer!

We have not had a function for a few months now, and I was thinking that everyone feels like I do, just wanting to chase those "Winter Blues" away.

Several folks have suggested that it is time for a get together again and what better way to 'celebrate' than with a warming fire, good food, free flowing conversation and great friends!

So, pull out the braai tongs, go and buy some chops, some wors and a bottle of Wine. Then join us for some braaing!

(Translation: pull out the tongs, get some chops, sausage and join us for a Barbqueue!)

All persons joining us, please bring along your own drinks, meat, and if your last name starts with A - M bring a salad or hot dish and N - Z bring a desert for the share table.

YOU DON'T WANT TO MISS THIS!!!

DarrellL

Hi Adele

My family and I (4), all new here, will attend the braai. What is the new (changed) time that you mentioned?

Darrell

Adele

Darrell, it will start at 6:30 pm now.

Don't forget to bring along your own meat & drinks and something for the share table.

I look forward to meeting you and welcoming you to our side of the world.