Sign in to follow this  
denise

17+ SA teenagers out there

denise

Hi there. I am trying to connect with 17+ teenagers from either Cape town or SA, that are in Canada. We live in Saskatoon and I am trying to start a support group for all those teenagers out there that find life here difficult.

natalieh
Hi there. I am trying to connect with 17+ teenagers from either Cape town or SA, that are in Canada. We live in Saskatoon and I am trying to start a support group for all those teenagers out there that find life here difficult.

Hi Denise,

I sympathise with you. I know how hard it is on a mother when your children are not happy. I have 3 teenagers of my own that also struggled to adjust in the beginning. What I can tell you is that it does get better. In the beginning all they would talk about is that they would go back the first chance they got, now I don't hear the word Cape Town anymore.

PM me if you would like to get in touch, and maybe we can put our kids in touch with one another.

erin

Hi Denise,

My daughter and your daughter can hook up on face book - probably the best place. We can connect through private message or email.

Erin

mangofire

Hi - my two teenagers are very nervous about moving to Canada - is there any chance that your kids could invite them on face book as well - they are 16 (son) and 17 (daughter) ????? Not sure if there are any other teenagers out there. I think the prospect of the move is starting to bring out the rebel in them and i am concerned.

Hi Denise,

My daughter and your daughter can hook up on face book - probably the best place. We can connect through private message or email.

Erin

Jules

Mangofire just remember that the thread is 3 years old. Those teens are now young adults.

Tracey22

Hi - my two teenagers are very nervous about moving to Canada - is there any chance that your kids could invite them on face book as well - they are 16 (son) and 17 (daughter) ????? Not sure if there are any other teenagers out there. I think the prospect of the move is starting to bring out the rebel in them and i am concerned.

You are coming to Canada, where the place is teeming with immigrants from all over the worls. In my sons' school, there are at least 2 or 3 new immigrant children every year. And the area we are in, if the children are not immigrants, the parents were. We can go to a school function, and hear at least 30 families from SA. Most of the children in there school are first generation born Canadians, whether from SA, or another country in the world..