Sign in to follow this  
Traveller

Webhosts in Canada

Traveller

Hi all

Does anyone know the web host called HostPapa.ca? How about SuperbHosting.net and Netfirms.ca? All three are affordable (ie cheap), Canadian (I'm patriotic), AND get all good reviews by different reviewers. Netfirms seems to provide the least bang for the buck out of the three while HostPapa provides 100% green hosting - an incentive for me. SuperbHosting has more of a "secure business" profile. I don't need ecommerce (at the moment), but do need reliability and a lot of storage. Any recommendations?

I want to change from Webserve.ca at the end of this month, as I am not happy with them any longer.

Thanks

miena

I use Rogers business services as I find it most reliable and also affordable as a total business package e.g. internet access, voip etc. I am always worried about the small guys and end up incurring additional cost for backups etc. so from a business continuity I would say to look into what they can offer you. They are actually very negotiable when you do the package deal. Just ask to talk to Customer Service rather than sales and when you phone make sure you are in a patient mood as they have the worst voice recognition system ever...

Eugene

I have been using hostpapa.ca. Cheap and very reliable. Excellent customer service as well.

Traveller
I have been using hostpapa.ca. Cheap and very reliable. Excellent customer service as well.

Thanks Eugene and miena (so far)

Yes, hostpapa is $5.95 pm for many more features than the major players charge $40-$60 per month for. Best bang for the buck, good reputation, my frontrunner so far.

But what I can't see on their website is how long they have been in business for, as it will be a multi-year commitment. Do you know, perhaps? How long have you been using them?

Eg SuperbHosting has been around since 1996, and I've been with Webserve for 5+ years (around since 1999).

Thanks

Christo

Eugene

not sure how long they have been around, but they do serve the US customer base too.... hostpapa.com.

I have been using them for 3 yrs now. And you can sign up for 1 yr at a time.

the only thing they dont have on their web apps is automatic backups. BUT, you can manually go in and create your own bacups with the the included software.

I am very happy with them

Traveller
not sure how long they have been around, but they do serve the US customer base too.... hostpapa.com.

I have been using them for 3 yrs now. And you can sign up for 1 yr at a time.

the only thing they dont have on their web apps is automatic backups. BUT, you can manually go in and create your own bacups with the the included software.

I am very happy with them

Thx Eugene

Looks like a goer. I emailed them the other night, and they replied by early next morning. 6 Years is the answer.

Now to transfer my domain name from webserve, and we'll be back in business.

"At HostPapa, our top executives have over 70 years of combined experience in web hosting services. Our combined expertise has allowed us to build a superior web hosting company.

We have been involved with the dedicated and hosted applications space since 2002 and our shared hosting plans since 2005, a long time in web years. We continue to grow VERY quickly and look forward of having you as a customer!"