Sign in to follow this  
raymond

Durban Coffee Club: Shampagne Breakfast, 26 Oct 2008

raymond

Hi all,

Please find attached a suggested table of dates and venues for our next Canada coffee club gatherings, obviously there might be some changes so please let me know if you have any objections to the dates so we can amend them now. Please also suggest some ideas for upcomming gatherings, its nice to try something different every now and again.

With regards to our next gathering, Brendan and Karen have been kind enough to open their home up for a braai. It would be nice if we all brought a different salad along with our own meat and drinks, so please email me what salad you had in mind and we can try get everyone to bring something different on the day.

Brendan, please can you post your address and prefered time on the forum - thanks.

Regards

Raymond and Sue-Ellen

Canada_Coffee_Club_Gathering.doc

Edited by Adele

Brendan
Hi all,

Please find attached a suggested table of dates and venues for our next Canada coffee club gatherings, obviously there might be some changes so please let me know if you have any objections to the dates so we can amend them now. Please also suggest some ideas for upcomming gatherings, its nice to try something different every now and again.

With regards to our next gathering, Brendan and Karen have been kind enough to open their home up for a braai. It would be nice if we all brought a different salad along with our own meat and drinks, so please email me what salad you had in mind and we can try get everyone to bring something different on the day.

Brendan, please can you post your address and prefered time on the forum - thanks.

Regards

Raymond and Sue-Ellen

Hi All

The address is . We will confirm the date and time in the next week as Karen's brother is flying out from the U.K. possibly over that weekend. Her gran has taken ill in East London and might be required to visit her over that weekend. If anybody needs directions please advise via the forum and I will gladly do so.

Regards

Brendan & Karen

Tokkie B

A special request please (if possible) :D . Could it be on a Saturday, as I am always working on a Sunday (show house)

Brendan

Hi Everyone

Just to confirm the date, 11 October 2008, time 16h00. Please advise if it will suit everyone.

Our Address Please confirm if you need directions.

Looking forward to see you all.

Regards

Brendan and Karen

Sheryl
Hi Everyone

Just to confirm the date, 11 October 2008, time 16h00. Please advise if it will suit everyone.

Our Address . Please confirm if you need directions.

Looking forward to see you all.

Regards

Brendan and Karen

Great - we plan on being there. I'll PM you closer to the time regarding what salad to bring with.

Regards

Sheryl

raymond

Hi All

Please let me know if the future dates ( as per doc. attached in first post), are suitable for all, as i would like to plan ahead etc. Also let me know if there is anything in particular you would like to do.

Cant wait to get together at the next gathering to catch up etc.

Regards

Raymond & Sue-ellen

Tokkie B

Will be there on 11th October 2008 :) (3 in the family)

Sheryl

BTW Sharks supporters, you do realize that it's the Currie Cup semi-final on the 11th!

Due to this, unfortunately we can no longer attend the coffee club braai <_< as we've committed ourselves to entertaining a couple of friends on that day!

Regards

Sheryl

Tokkie B
BTW Sharks supporters, you do realize that it's the Currie Cup semi-final on the 11th!

Due to this, unfortunately we can no longer attend the coffee club braai <_< as we've committed ourselves to entertaining a couple of friends on that day!

Regards

Sheryl

How about the 25th October 2008. Just after the rugby final and before exams for the kids and Xmas parties? Hubby will not miss a rugby game especialy if the SHARKS is playing! Sorry guys!

Brendan
How about the 25th October 2008. Just after the rugby final and before exams for the kids and Xmas parties? Hubby will not miss a rugby game especialy if the SHARKS is playing! Sorry guys!

I don't see what the problem is,as the Sharks will lose to the Lions and WESTERN PROVINCE :huh: will then take the cup back to Cape Town!

Rather drown your sorrows at the "Coffee Club", cheaper and less painful!! :huh:

Tokkie B

Ha ha ha wishful thinking :huh::huh::lol: but one never knows what can happen. SHARKS FOREVER!!!!

Sheryl

Ha - well, after WP's clash with the Lions yesterday there'll be no Currie Cup heading down to Cape Town!! :huh: And hey, the Curry Cup belongs in Durban, not so!!

Brendan
Ha - well, after WP's clash with the Lions yesterday there'll be no Currie Cup heading down to Cape Town!! :huh: And hey, the Curry Cup belongs in Durban, not so!!

Well,we will have to see after Saturday to see if the Sharks even make it to the final!! :huh:

raymond

Hi All

Can we not have the next get together on the 18th as i originally planned ( as per my schedule attached). I had figured when i compiled the doc, that the sharks were going to have a home semi, thus having it on the 18th as this is the weekend where their is no rugby.

The final is 2 weeks later on the 25th.

I too am not able to make it this week.

Please let me know what everyone thinks. In the mean time i will chat to brendan about the date etc.

Kind Regards

Raymond Smith

Edited by raymond

Brendan
Hi All

Can we not have the next get together on the 18th as i originally planned ( as per my schedule attached). I had figured when i compiled the doc, that the sharks were going to have a home semi, thus having it on the 18th as this is the weekend where their is no rugby.

The final is 2 weeks later on the 25th.

I too am not able to make it this week.

Please let me know what everyone thinks. In the mean time i will chat to brendan about the date etc.

Kind Regards

Raymond Smith

Hi All

Karen will be away from the 17/10 until 20/10. Can we agree on the 1st weekend in November? I am sure by then the Blue Bulls would have completed there victory lap around ABSA stadium!! :huh::huh:

Regards

Brendan
Hi All

Karen will be away from the 17/10 until 20/10. Can we agree on the 1st weekend in November? I am sure by then the Blue Bulls would have completed there victory lap around ABSA stadium!! :rolleyes::lol:

Regards

Hi All

We have now decided on a "Champagne Breakfast" to celebrate the Currie Cup winners(still to be decided) on 26/10/2008, at 09h30. We have 2 options. Karen and I will do the breakfast or it can be a bring and eat affair. Option 1 is feasible and ok by us but can we have a confirmation of who will be attending and if everyone is ok to contribute to the cost of the breakfast. We are thinking in the line of an expansive continental feast!! If the Sharks lose, there will be shark fin soup on the menu!!!! :lol:

I would appreciate any feedback.

Thanks

Brendan

Tokkie B
Hi All

We have now decided on a "Champagne Breakfast" to celebrate the Currie Cup winners(still to be decided) on 26/10/2008, at 09h30. We have 2 options. Karen and I will do the breakfast or it can be a bring and eat affair. Option 1 is feasible and ok by us but can we have a confirmation of who will be attending and if everyone is ok to contribute to the cost of the breakfast. We are thinking in the line of an expansive continental feast!! If the Sharks lose, there will be shark fin soup on the menu!!!! :lol:

I would appreciate any feedback.

Thanks

Brendan

Brendan you are so funny! :rolleyes: There will be no shark fin soup available only champagne breakfast!! lol Great idea!

Edited by Tokkie B

CAROL-ANN
Brendan you are so funny! :rolleyes: There will be no shark fin soup available only champagne breakfast!! lol Great idea!

We will be wearing our shark shirts to celebrate their victory !!! We have cleared the calender and dont have a problem to contribute towards breakfast ( shark fin soup ? Whatever ! ) . Count four for us and let us know closer to the time how much .

Cheers

Callum and Carol-Ann

sim

Hi Durban Coffee Club!

I'm new to the forum - my boyfriend and I are steadily gathering our documentation to complete our application forms! So we still have a loooong way to go I guess!

We would love to join you when you have the next meet & get to hang out with some like minded individuals instead of getting the 'why are you leaving' stare. Although I must admit, those are getting fewer these days.

Anyway, I'll keep an eye on the post and see what is what with the next meeting :)

Nice to meet you all!

Simone & Gary

Brendan
Hi Durban Coffee Club!

I'm new to the forum - my boyfriend and I are steadily gathering our documentation to complete our application forms! So we still have a loooong way to go I guess!

We would love to join you when you have the next meet & get to hang out with some like minded individuals instead of getting the 'why are you leaving' stare. Although I must admit, those are getting fewer these days.

Anyway, I'll keep an eye on the post and see what is what with the next meeting :)

Nice to meet you all!

Simone & Gary

Hi Simone

As you have probably seen on the posts, the next meeting is 26/10/2008 at our house. Please let me know if you require any further details.

Regards

Brendan & Karen

raymond

Hi Brendan

Count us in for 2. Please let me know what the cost will be as well as the time etc.

Thanks for organizing it.

Welcome to the new members, there is a lot of info we can gladly share.

Can't wait to see every one again, catch up and of course ( Bring the Currie Cup - sharks forever)

Cheers

Raymond.

Tokkie B

Brendan & Karen

Special request could we have "LION FRITTERS" as a special treat? :blink::lol::P

Brendan
Brendan & Karen

Special request could we have "LION FRITTERS" as a special treat? :blink::lol::P

Tokkie

The way the Sharks played on Saturday.....just for you...oxtail will be on the menu....I certainly hope the Sharks can put the silverware in the cupboard this year and not choke at the final hurdle!! :P:lol::lol:

sim

Hi Brendan & Karen,

Sounds great! How does it all work, what do we need to bring etc?

Exciting stuff

Simone & Gary

Brendan

Hi Brendan & Karen,

Sounds great! How does it all work, what do we need to bring etc?

Exciting stuff

Simone & Gary

Hi Simone and Gary

At this stage all you have to bring is money. We will be hosting the breakfast and will try to keep costs to a minimum whilst having great food. We will advise by latest next week what the final cost will be. Probably in the region of R25 - R40 per person, dependant on attendance. We will need a final headcount by latest 20/10/2008. :blink:

Brendan and Karen