Sign in to follow this  
Hendie

Renewal of South African passports

creston

Lawrence

Passport Application

Die vinger afdruk vorm moet jul voor aanvra. Die res kan jy aflaai.

Die volgende persoon is baie hulpvaardig, flink en 'n aanwins.

Ali Alifirova [AlifirovaA@foreign.gov.za] Hy/sy is 'n konsulaat assistent in Ottawa.

Groete

Creston

lgonsalves

Hi there

Thanks for the very informative thread but my question is around a child passport. I understand the forms, affivadit and everything that goes along with it but I have heard different things and just to clarify what else is required? What documents eg birth certificates, etc is required of the parents? I have researched this to the best of my ability. Has anybody applied for a child passport that can please shed some light.

Thank you so much.

NicoleneW

We renewed our children's passport a few weeks ago, but that's different to a first application. I can't remember all we needed but an unabridged birth certificate for the child is something you must have. A copy of both parents' ID's and then both have to be present with the child in the office on the day of application.

That's all I can remember. Hope it helps.

Good luck

lgonsalves

We renewed our children's passport a few weeks ago, but that's different to a first application. I can't remember all we needed but an unabridged birth certificate for the child is something you must have. A copy of both parents' ID's and then both have to be present with the child in the office on the day of application.

That's all I can remember. Hope it helps.

Good luck

Thanks, it is a renewal but they don't do renewals anymore, you have to get a "new" passport.

NicoleneW

Oh, I see. Well, all that we took was their unabridged birth certificates, previous passports, copies of our ID's, photo's and we had to fill in the forms there - were not allowed to take it outside :wacko: for whatever reason. We had the passports in 6 days.