Sign in to follow this  
Pierre

Sue Lee

Pierre

Sue Lee is Senior Vice President, Human Resources and Communications of Suncor.

She is one of the highest ranking women in Canada and has received several awards.

18_SueLeeBIO.jpg

Sue is a cabinet campaign member for the Bow Valley College Foundation. She is a member of the YMCA Calgary board of directors and serves on the organization's nominating and board governance committee. Sue also serves on the Taking Pulse Executive Steering Committee of the National Aboriginal Achievement Foundation and is president of the Suncor Energy Foundation. In 2007, Sue was inducted into the new Hall of Fame for Canada's Top 100 Most Powerful Women after being named to the Top 100 list multiple times by the Women’s Executive Network. In 2005, Sue was presented with the Alberta Centennial medal in recognition of her outstanding contributions to the province.

Before joining Suncor, Sue was vice president of human resources at TransAlta Corporation. During her 14 years there, her positions included director of quality and organization change, project manager of quality of service, and manager of human resources.

Educated in South Africa, Sue earned her bachelor of arts degree in anthropology and psychology at Rhodes University, and her postgraduate diploma in organizational behaviour at the Graduate School of Business Administration at the University of Witwatersrand. She graduated from the ICD Corporate Governance College, Directors Education Program, in February 2006.

Adele

Makes a woman proud to be South African born! And an accepted Canadian!!!! :rolleyes:

Pierre

I guess one of the things SA women will enjoy in Canada is the equality of gender and opportunity.

It may not be 100% yet, I am not sure, but it is streets better than in SA.

There are some highly competent and professional women around.

The mayor for Fort McMurray, Melissa Blake, would be another example. She is in her second term as Mayor.

dieulefit

Dr Ilse Treurnicht is another X-South African women who top the ranks of successful business women in Canada. She is the CEO of MaARS. I think she is also on the Board of Directors for Sick Kids Hospital and mother of 4 kids.

Flip & Ilana
and mother of 4 kids.

That alone makes her a VERY SUCCESSFUL woman in my eyes!!! :rolleyes:

vercuiel

Flip & Ilana, I so much agree with you!

These women does make me proud to be a SA woman in Canada!

Snowflake

Hi everyone

Sorry to be a bit of a dragg, but hey just wanted to say that we are all so NOT very proud to be South African most of the time and so when 1 person in a million comes along who does something right (for a change) that ARE actually South African, we all jump on the band wagon of being proudly South African.

Where exactly does your loyalty lie? I am not at all proudly South African and never will be.... and not afraid to say it. This place ows me nothing and I don't owe them anything....

snowflake

Adele

Snowflake since you are still stuck in SA, we don't expect you to understand! Besides on this side there is more than 1 in a million who are making a difference!!!

And since most the people replying left SA a long time ago, when they could be proud of SA (once upon a time), it is that SA that they are proud of.

But since you are sitting in a rotten excuse for what SA was, then of course you will feel no loyalty. But the woman (or SAfricans) we are proud of are those who studied when studies meant something. When PEOPLE meant something!

The "Proudly South African" logo should not be confused with the associating of being "Proud in another country" of the country of your birth under the Orange, White and Blue! Although I know the new flag, I was not raised under it or ever had to show loyalty to it! Just like the present government!

But as I said in the beginning, you will not understand since you are still in SA!

dieulefit

The reason why I am proud about (any) South Africans doing well in their new country, is the fact that I know how bloomin hard it was to start all over again. Those women (and not to just lift them up either as we can mention many here and of course men :cry: ) worked darn hard to get where they are today. I'm sure we all agree on this one, right!

• Like 1

Tokkie B

I realy think the only reason why we are so proud of the "old" SA women and men, is the fact to be an achiever in a new country and to be able to be given the accolate is remarkable. Well done!