Sign in to follow this  
Dedré

Work Permit Time Line

Paper application

@Jolandie yeah we did the same. Hubby applied for work permit and I applied for open work permit 

Paper application

@Jolandie out of curiosity did you also have to buy flight tickets for your application and if yes what date did you book your flight for? Also if you don't mind me asking what area your job offer is in. We will be in Saskatchewan 

RiaMeg

We didnt buy flight tickets until we had our visas secured. Ours took 7.5 weeks, we have been in Ontario for 3 months now.

Paper application

Hi all

So a while back we filled in an online form to check on our application because it is taking longer than the 12 weeks processing time and this is the response "we acknowledge your message below, The application is currently awaiting review."

Not very helpful 

Odijonk

@Theron... nope we are still waiting and we are still in week 10. Patience is the name of the game.... we can only encourage one another... this sucks big time... i have not seen WP approvals on any social platform recently... whats happening.... 🤔

Jolandie
On ‎10‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 3:30 PM, Paper application said:

@Jolandie out of curiosity did you also have to buy flight tickets for your application and if yes what date did you book your flight for? Also if you don't mind me asking what area your job offer is in. We will be in Saskatchewan 

Sorry only saw your message now. We are also not buying tickets until visas secured. Job offer is for Ontario. Today marks the 16th week that we have been waiting :(

Odijonk

@Paper application and @Talent79.... do you guys have any update... Talent has your cousin received any feedback... 

i said to @Jolandie this morning that on 1 poste on SAcanada on Facebook 5 people are over the 12 weeks time frame which was updated the 23 oct... and i think this should be brought to the ambassador attention... surely not everyone is still waiting and getting no answers when you explore the enquiry routes they present... YES patience should be the name od the game, I am all for it but with so many waiting withno outcome makes me think 🤔 whats the hold up... 

Paper application

@Jolandie and @Odijonk well my application was refused last week Wednesday and it says it is due to "accompanying a dependent of a refused Visa" but on my husband's application it says they still busy. If you ask me it's all money making 

Odijonk

@Paper application... sorry BUT what does that mean? o you really dont have to convince me about the money thing... i have notice a few things... This is really unreasonable.. so whats your next step... are you working with an agent? 😐

well from my side we received an update that we passed our medicals and now we wait... how long after you received and update that you passed your medicals did you get your final outcome @Paper application?

Paper application

@Odijonk I was refused for the work visa. They still busy with our permanent residence visa. I wasn't asked to do medicals for the work Visa. My husband also applied for a work Visa and on his application it says that they are still assessing if he is eligible.

Talent79

No word from the VO as yet

Odijonk

@ZeeGe any updates from yiur side as yet? 

ZeeGe

@Odijonkwe did our upfront medical 2 weeks ago, but haven't heard anything yet. We are only in week 6 and I see the processing time went up to 13 weeks again.

Hopefully you'll get some good news soon. 

Can you please share the link to the sacanada fb page? I can't find it. 

Talent79

No word yet...

Odijonk

@Paper application... nope no word.. our medicals were updated as passed on the 29 Oct... the Canadian embassy has phone my husband previous employer last week Friday and spoke yo him yesterday so i think our outcome is close. just hope everything goes well and we get a positive response soon. 

Odijonk

Soooooo we have hit 15 weeks today waiting for an outcome of our WP Application.. what gets me is that CIC update application processing for WP regularly an always indicate between 12 to 13 weeks... well let me tell you i have counted on 1 post that we are currently 8 different people waiting from 13 to 20 weeks. Really??? rather manage the expectation correctly ... uggg 🙁 The snag about these time lines are LMIA documents are only valid for 6 months.... 😣

Talent79

Hi Guys

Has anyone received good news from the Pretoria VO lately????.....At least if one person gets some news, then we can know that there is some movement on people's WP files...

Odijonk

Super excited.. between moving, selling our last belongings, finishing up at work ect ect.. we got the GRRRRRREAT news today.. finally after 15 excruciating weeks our work permits were approved. Wow... we have only tears of joy and the relief of this weight of the limbo life that is lifted is something else all together.. 

Thank you to everyone on this forum for encouragement and help en some more specific individuals for postive messages. Many people feel ( everyone has their own respected opinion which is fair) that an agent is not needed but in our case i was glad to have a certified agent who could assist us. We would have gotten a job and this work permit if we didn't have Matrixvisa support and we are super happy that we could have used them. Please guys make sure you do not use anyone as we were also scammed in the beginning by a paper pushing company who lead us down the wrong avenue and waste valuable time. 

15 weeks later we can smile and face part 2 of our journey.. 

ZeeGe

@Odijonk that's great news, so happy for you. Please keep us posted on the rest of your journey as well. Good luck with part 2 

Theron

@Odijonk That is fantastic news! Congratulations! Good luck with wrapping everything up!

Tip: Get snow boots and good snow coats as soon as you can when you get here. It is getting cold real fast now!

Odijonk

@Theron... tnx it is on my to do list... jeepers... from 30 to -20... who would ever have though ne!!! 

@ZeeGe.. tnx so much will try to.. man o man packing and having a to do list as long as your arm is another chapter all together.. 😆.. super drained after everything and onky the excitement is our driver... 

CandacedeK
Hi all! Please can someone assist if they know the answer.

Applying for BC PNP through Skills Immigration (from outside of Canada/in SA) so will be a paper based application. Have a job offer etc, but seem ineligible for Express Entry.

If we receive provincial nomination and and a support letter for a work permit from them, we'd apply for a work permit and temporary visa and then can we go to Canada on said work permit while we await the 15/16month processing time of the paper based application? 

Any help is really appreciated. Thank you

Dedré
On 11/28/2018 at 10:38 AM, Odijonk said:

Super excited.. between moving, selling our last belongings, finishing up at work ect ect.. we got the GRRRRRREAT news today.. finally after 15 excruciating weeks our work permits were approved. Wow... we have only tears of joy and the relief of this weight of the limbo life that is lifted is something else all together.. 

Thank you to everyone on this forum for encouragement and help en some more specific individuals for postive messages. Many people feel ( everyone has their own respected opinion which is fair) that an agent is not needed but in our case i was glad to have a certified agent who could assist us. We would have gotten a job and this work permit if we didn't have Matrixvisa support and we are super happy that we could have used them. Please guys make sure you do not use anyone as we were also scammed in the beginning by a paper pushing company who lead us down the wrong avenue and waste valuable time. 

15 weeks later we can smile and face part 2 of our journey.. 

Congratulations!!!!

Dedré
22 hours ago, CandacedeK said:
Hi all! Please can someone assist if they know the answer.

Applying for BC PNP through Skills Immigration (from outside of Canada/in SA) so will be a paper based application. Have a job offer etc, but seem ineligible for Express Entry.

If we receive provincial nomination and and a support letter for a work permit from them, we'd apply for a work permit and temporary visa and then can we go to Canada on said work permit while we await the 15/16month processing time of the paper based application? 

Any help is really appreciated. Thank you

Not sure if I understand correctly. Are you asking if you can come to Canada without any visa in your passport?