Sign in to follow this  
Dedré

Work Permit Time Line

Odijonk

Some update from my side... our LMIA was approved yesterday... jipeee 🤗 now for the dreaded work permit application... hoping and praying for a smoother "journey" to hopefully approval. 

• Like 3

RiaMeg

Our work permits were approved last week Wednesday, a day after our 7 week mark! We leave on 11th August ! So much excitement! After four years of trying, we finally going ! 

• Like 2

Odijonk

@RiaMeg... wonderful news so happy for you guys.... hip hip hoorayyyyyyy...  7 weeks you are lucky! 

• Like 1

Odijonk

after 2 weeks of gruling paperwork and corrections our work permit application is submitted... 10 weeks count down... feeling is still surreal but really hope we get approval.. 😯

ZeeGe

Our LMIA was approved today - took them 4 months and 10 days to be exact.  Happy days 😁

• Thanks 1

momof3

anyone here who has done their own workpermit application?  

ZeeGe

An update from our side.  2WP, 1SP & 1 Visitors visa was submitted 25 Sept and we did our Biometrics yesterday (1 Oct).  The current processing time is 15 weeks. 

Theron

Good morning! 

It is interesting to read this thread and see how timelines change for the WP process and how everyone actually just shares the same (dare I say) 'frustration' with the waiting times. 

We were supposed to land October 1st but it seems our company was a bit ambitious with the processing time expectations. Today marks 4 weeks since our applications went in and according to CIC the current processing time is 15 weeks...what a wait it is going to be. I'm baffled though by this processing time because when I checked it in July 2018 it was sitting at 10 weeks; that's quite a quick increase in the processing timeline. 

Anyway, good luck to everyone who is waiting for their applications to process. Hope they come through soon!

Paper application

@Theron I applied on the 13th of July and when I applied the processing time was 10 weeks and part of my application I had to buy a return ticket to Canada which I booked to leave on the 17th of October. At the end of this week it has been 12 weeks and I have heard nothing. I noticed that the processing times changed somewhere in August and I think it might have to do with the fact that they now introduced that you need to do biometrics. It initially changed to 14 weeks and then changed to 15 weeks.

Not a fun wait so we will see how it goes 

Theron
14 hours ago, Paper application said:

@Theron I applied on the 13th of July and when I applied the processing time was 10 weeks and part of my application I had to buy a return ticket to Canada which I booked to leave on the 17th of October. At the end of this week it has been 12 weeks and I have heard nothing. I noticed that the processing times changed somewhere in August and I think it might have to do with the fact that they now introduced that you need to do biometrics. It initially changed to 14 weeks and then changed to 15 weeks.

Not a fun wait so we will see how it goes 

It seems you are on track then in terms of the '15 weeks'. Hope it comes in time for your flight out!

Paper application

@Theron the problem is that I still am working so even if I do get a response I still have to give notice 

Odijonk

I have noticed that many WP approvals have come through on different times than indicated by CIC. Just a reminder that during the summer time Canadians go on leave which also impacts application turn around and i am sure the biometrics will play a roll. Many other do wait for WP outcomes longer than indicated on CIC so i really think it depends many more factors than what we think. We are also still waiting and going onto week 8 so hopefully by the end of the month we will know what we will do going forward. Staying humble, patient and positive with a dash off luck is all we can do. Good luck to us all and we can only keep encouraging each other in this journey. 💪

• Like 3

Jolandie

Hi All

We submitted 6 July, this week we'll be waiting 14 weeks. Then still have to send passports to VAC.

Good Luck to everyone.

Paper application

@Jolandie oh my gosh still no news? I am a week behind you so let us know if you get an update 

Talent79

Hi guys

My cousin also submitted for his WP application on June 25, 2018. He made a follow-up with the Pretoria VO last week. They responded with an email that had only the following 2 sentences..

"We acknowledge your enquiry. The application is currently awaiting  review."

So my question to the group members is what exactly does it mean for his application? Have they not yet started with the processing, or has the application been referred for further scrutiny.. I would be grateful if you guys would help by enlightening me on this....TIA

Edited by Talent79

Jolandie
16 hours ago, Paper application said:

@Jolandie oh my gosh still no news? I am a week behind you so let us know if you get an update 

Will do!

Jolandie
10 hours ago, Talent79 said:

Hi guys

My cousin also submitted for his WP application on June 25, 2018. He made a follow-up with the Pretoria VO last week. They responded with an email that had only the following 2 sentences..

"We acknowledge your enquiry. The application is currently awaiting  review."

So my question to the group members is what exactly does it mean for his application? Have they not yet started with the processing, or has the application been referred for further scrutiny.. I would be grateful if you guys would help by enlightening me on this....TIA

Hi, we asked our lawyer to follow up on our application and this was her reply:

"I will send a status request today – usually they will only respond if we are passed the current estimated processing times, but they may respond just confirming the file is in process. It’s not a reason to worry – processing times fluctuate all the time and really depend on the number of applications the visa office is receiving and the resources they have to process the applications".

Sorry this is all that I can tell you!

Talent79
2 hours ago, Jolandie said:

Hi, we asked our lawyer to follow up on our application and this was her reply:

"I will send a status request today – usually they will only respond if we are passed the current estimated processing times, but they may respond just confirming the file is in process. It’s not a reason to worry – processing times fluctuate all the time and really depend on the number of applications the visa office is receiving and the resources they have to process the applications".

Sorry this is all that I can tell you!

Thanks very very much Jolandie...I really appreciate your response. That definitely put our minds at ease.

Paper application

Hi Everyone.

So I JUST checked the work permit time line and it has gone down to 12 weeks. Not sure what that means for @Jolandie who is sitting at 14 weeks with no response and myself who is sitting at 13 weeks with no response but anyway 

Theron

Hi everyone

I sent the company lawyers an email last Wednesday (10 Oct) to inquire whether they sent our application to Canada or SA for processing (because of the difference in timelines). They didn't respond to my query but all of a sudden on Friday (12 Oct) we received the 'Request for Passport' letters! So excited!

From that I'm thinking that our applications were sent to Canada for processing because the total waiting time for us was 5 weeks and 2 days from application which is more in line with the Canada timeline of 6 weeks. We're flying out on 3 November!

I'm holding thumbs for all of you who have been waiting for months now that it comes through quickly, especially with @Paper application's comment saying that the SA timeline has come down to 12 weeks now. 

Any news about your applications @Jolandie @Odijonk or your cousin @Talent79?

Paper application

@Jolandie did both you and hubby apply for work permits 

Paper application

@Theron nice well done. Us people here in SA still waiting patiently and is so frustrating 

Jolandie
5 hours ago, Paper application said:

@Jolandie did both you and hubby apply for work permits 

Yes we did. I applied for an open work permit

Edited by Jolandie

Jolandie
6 hours ago, Theron said:

Hi everyone

I sent the company lawyers an email last Wednesday (10 Oct) to inquire whether they sent our application to Canada or SA for processing (because of the difference in timelines). They didn't respond to my query but all of a sudden on Friday (12 Oct) we received the 'Request for Passport' letters! So excited!

From that I'm thinking that our applications were sent to Canada for processing because the total waiting time for us was 5 weeks and 2 days from application which is more in line with the Canada timeline of 6 weeks. We're flying out on 3 November!

I'm holding thumbs for all of you who have been waiting for months now that it comes through quickly, especially with @Paper application's comment saying that the SA timeline has come down to 12 weeks now. 

Any news about your applications @Jolandie @Odijonk or your cousin @Talent79?

Yes we are still waiting. This is really frustrating and worrying :(. This week will be 15 weeks :(

Talent79

I called my cousin to ask about the WP, he hasn't received anything also....its still the waiting game. He submitted a PR application after the WP failed to be issued after 8 weeks. His PR is actually moving faster, so we now suspect that he will get PR and not the WP

Edited by Talent79