Sign in to follow this  
Dedré

Work Permit Time Line

Kayla

So we just received our passport requests for our work permits!!! 5 weeks on the dot!! 

So relieved and so excited!!! 

• Like 1

Nelline
4 hours ago, Kayla said:

So we just received our passport requests for our work permits!!! 5 weeks on the dot!! 

So relieved and so excited!!! 

That is great news!

Odijonk

@Kayla.... jipeeee wonderful news!!! 

Odijonk

Any body still waiting for work permits to come through? 

if so

1) when did you submit your paperwork

2)which province?

Jolandie
On ‎2018‎/‎04‎/‎17 at 1:26 PM, Odijonk said:

Any body still waiting for work permits to come through? 

if so

1) when did you submit your paperwork

2)which province?

Hello Odijonk

Any news regarding your LMIA?

Odijonk

@Jolandie... hi nope none... so discouraging when  you know things must happen and they just in the air... i know others also waiting for LMIA outcomes from Alberta since 16 Jan 2018... 🤔

Jolandie

Well our lawyer said that they have noticed the LMIA's current processing times are around 8 to 12 weeks; however they have noticed that applications are being processed closer to the 12 week mark...

Odijonk

@Jolandie... i really hope your lawyer is right... could do with some good news now... another memeber informed me yesterday that SA work permit approval time is down to 7 weeks which is super cool... but this wait for the LMIA is a killer... how long have you guys waited... 

Jolandie

Yes this waiting is a killer and the LMIA process very stressful. We only submitted the LMIA application last week but took 4 months between employer, lawyer and advertising etc to get everything right. I noticed on CIC that work permit only 7 weeks... which is great. But to wait for the LMIA... very painful :(

Keep me posted and good luck :):):)

• Thanks 1

Kayla

Ours had taken about a year in total. From the very start of interviews to departure. The actual work permit was really quick. We got it in 5 weeks (we applied beginning of January). Then a week to get our passports back after sending them through to Pretoria. I had quite a bit of delay with Medicals, as I’ve got a heart condition and was required to have loads of tests (this also over the xmas period 😥) 

All worked out and we leave for Victoria on the 3rd of May. 

Good luck all!!!

Jolandie

Hi Kayla, did you have to apply for a lmia and how long did it take you?

Kayla

It took around 3 months to get our LMIA approved last year. 

• Thanks 2

Odijonk

@Kayla.. good luck with your trip and enjoy your adventure.... so happy for you all. 

Paper application

Hi All

We applied online for an open WP. CIC website says it takes 45 days. 

Anyone else that has done online applications?

Nelline
9 hours ago, Paper application said:

Hi All

We applied online for an open WP. CIC website says it takes 45 days. 

Anyone else that has done online applications?

Is this an inland application for an Open Work Permit for the spouse of a WP holder? If so, you're looking at closer to 2 weeks, rather than 45 days. I helped someone do this last year and their paperwork landed in their post box here in Canada, 2 weeks after we hit the online "submit" button

Paper application

No its an outland application. I didn't realise the spouse can also apply

RiaMeg

Hi All, 

It seems to take longer through an agent. We doing it all ourselves, together with our employer, however the points are lower for us, we only sitting at 236 points. @Odijonk When you contacted WES, was it for your Credentials assessment and was it perhaps for a Skilled trade? We cannot get in on PR due to our low points, and the only way to gain more is to go over on a WP and SP for kids. 

We are now on our second LMIA since November (took 1 week to process) last year and our second one (took 2 months to process) is now a dual LMIA. Our WP and SP were sent for processing since 29 May 2018. The wait is just horrible!!!

Has anyone else recieved their WP in less than 6 weeks lately?

Edited by RiaMeg

Odijonk

@RiaMeg... i know you must log a request on WES website so that you can get a ref number, check that you load the correct discription of the qualification. It was for a Bcom degree that i requested credential evaluation.. i am not sure what you mean with skilled trade... can you elaborate so that i can give you info i have or referred you to the correct info. 

RiaMeg

@Odijonk my hubby is a Tool jig and die maker by trade, so we are in the skilled trades group for EE. 

Odijonk

@RiaMeg.. did you find info you were looking for...

RiaMeg

@Odijonki am still awaiting a reply from WES. 

RiaMeg

Anyone recently received their work permit?

tripperdes

@RiaMeg WES doesn't evaluate trade qualifications. Your hubby will have to get his trade assessed by The Red Seal board in Canada. each province has its own governing body and rules differ. If his trade is regulated in that province then he cannot work without his Canadian Red Seal license. 

Which province are you going to?

RiaMeg

@tripperdes thank you, I eventually figured that part out (that they don’t do the trades :) ) 

My hubby is a red seal qualified toolmaker yes. He will have to just wait till we get there to do his assessment. We are going to Ontario. Almost 7 weeks since our paperwork was sent for processing. Hoping we receive an answer ASAP :) 

Edited by RiaMeg

tripperdes

@RiaMeg all the best to you. Fingers crossed it all works out🤞