Sign in to follow this  
Dedré

Work Permit Time Line

Clover

Good morning 

Me again.. so I booked our IELTS for 19 August.. but i was wondering if anyone has dealt with Pharmacy Council? To get their proof of licensure from pharmacy council to PEBC? Any advice on how to go about getting the documents from them to PEBC (must be straight-it cannot be handled by me) because the senders address must be the regulatory authority where I am practising under currently?

Thank you?

Miskalo
3 hours ago, Clover said:

Good morning 

Me again.. so I booked our IELTS for 19 August.. but i was wondering if anyone has dealt with Pharmacy Council? To get their proof of licensure from pharmacy council to PEBC? Any advice on how to go about getting the documents from them to PEBC (must be straight-it cannot be handled by me) because the senders address must be the regulatory authority where I am practising under currently?

Thank you?

Hi,

You will have to contact the SAPC to request for certificate of good standing to be sent directly to the PEBC before they can evaluate your documents and there is no way you can do an internship without first passing the Evaluating and qualifying exams part 1. Whoever is promising to let you do internship without passing the exams is not open with you and you will also need a legal permit to practice. 

I hope this helps. 

Clover
15 hours ago, Miskalo said:

Hi,

You will have to contact the SAPC to request for certificate of good standing to be sent directly to the PEBC before they can evaluate your documents and there is no way you can do an internship without first passing the Evaluating and qualifying exams part 1. Whoever is promising to let you do internship without passing the exams is not open with you and you will also need a legal permit to practice. 

I hope this helps. 

It helps alot thank you!

So I first need to send my certificate of good standing. Second I need to send my documents for evaluation. Third i need to pass the evaluation exam? The next Evaluation exam is in November. Ill be sure to book for it. 

The Qualifying exam I need only write before, during or after the internship according to the Registration Coordinator, Alberta College of Pharmacists. 

i have booked my ielts and just need to send my documents for evaluation to start the ee route for PR.. 

thank you for the helpfull insite. I appreciate.!!

Please inform me if i am misunderstanding the situation?

Kind Regards

Miskalo
4 hours ago, Clover said:

It helps alot thank you!

So I first need to send my certificate of good standing. Second I need to send my documents for evaluation. Third i need to pass the evaluation exam? The next Evaluation exam is in November. Ill be sure to book for it. 

The Qualifying exam I need only write before, during or after the internship according to the Registration Coordinator, Alberta College of Pharmacists. 

i have booked my ielts and just need to send my documents for evaluation to start the ee route for PR.. 

thank you for the helpfull insite. I appreciate.!!

Please inform me if i am misunderstanding the situation?

Kind Regards

You will need to contact the PEBC for the steps you need to take in order for your documents to be evaluated or you can go to their website www.pebc.ca for more information.  

Louw

Morning guys! 

I need some info please. Our WP applications was submitted on 04 August. (Matrixvisa) Timeline says 8 weeks. I know at some stage we will have to send our passports, but will this be during the 8 weeks? Or only after the 8 weeks? Our LMIA is only valid till 03 January. So if I understand correctly WP needs to be done before this time?

I know the wait will be worth it, but stressing about what "MIGHT" go wrong.. Should I worry or not.?

Thanks in advance!!!  ^_^

FaithFUL
9 minutes ago, Louw said:

Morning guys! 

I need some info please. Our WP applications was submitted on 04 August. (Matrixvisa) Timeline says 8 weeks. I know at some stage we will have to send our passports, but will this be during the 8 weeks? Or only after the 8 weeks? Our LMIA is only valid till 03 January. So if I understand correctly WP needs to be done before this time?

I know the wait will be worth it, but stressing about what "MIGHT" go wrong.. Should I worry or not.?

Thanks in advance!!!  ^_^

You'll send passports after the 8 weeks. I think you are in good hands. Matrixvisa have done plenty of WP applications so they know what they are doing! There is a lot of waiting involved in this game of emigration. Try take up a hobby that will take your mind off things for the next 8 weeks :D

• Thanks 1

Odijonk

@Louw hi .. can you be so kind to give me the steps you had to do before your WP was submitted... we are already in the EE pool and my hubby has a interview tonight with a company i would just like to understand what to try and expect? what docs did you have to provide for the entire process? any helpwill be great for try and predict the unknown... may i also ask... will your family go with and the you guys will wait to apply for PR? 

Louw

Finally got request to send our Passports. Can anyone help me with the steps to follow? When can we expect what? Ive read that the passport only take 3 weeks. Really hope that this is true..

So exited!!!!

SunshineGirl

@Louw , congrats!!

• Like 1

Flyfish

Hi

Please could you help. What did you provide as proof of return on the open work permit for the spouse?

Thanks.

M-N
8 hours ago, Louw said:

Finally got request to send our Passports. Can anyone help me with the steps to follow? When can we expect what? Ive read that the passport only take 3 weeks. Really hope that this is true..

So exited!!!!

I haven't done this in a few years but yes, it was super quick.   Once you get the passports back you can book your tickets. If you're planning on going via the US, which can be a cheaper option, you'll need to apply for a US visa.  Other than that I guess start packing.  Congrats. :) 

M-N
7 hours ago, Flyfish said:

Hi

Please could you help. What did you provide as proof of return on the open work permit for the spouse?

Thanks.

Mmm.  I can't remember submitting anything, perhaps someone who's done this more recently can help.  We purchased return tickets as they were cheaper which I guess helped.  

Flyfish

Hi Guys

Just a bit of good news on my side. I applied for an intra-company transfer work permit on the 4th of October as well as OWP for wife and Study permit for child. Received passport requests for all 3 of us today. 8 weeks processing and a huge sigh of relief from the family.

Thanks to everyone on the forum who helped us through the process either with advice or just from reading the stories that resonated with us.

Hope this gives hope to some out there.

• Like 2

Chayne

Congratulations Flyfish! You must be so excited and relieved.

Wishing you everything of the best in your journey forward.

Odijonk

@Louw .. hope are well. just a quick one. did you have a approved LMIA before matrix visa helped you apply for your WP. 

Beatrice

Hi,  I am curious, our application for wp was submitted on the 4 th of Jan, by well known immigration agents in Canada.  Will the application be seen as 17 weeks (because we are in South Africa) processing time or 6 weeks (at the time of submission)  because the agents submitted in Canada?  Our agents say it can be between 4-10 weeks, but other information etc say 17 weeks processing time. 

Thomas 87

Just wanted to post here for anyone looking for a recent example of work permit timelines. I submitted my WP application online on the 14th of December 2017, and it was approved on the 26th of January 2018. So round about 6 weeks processing time. Please note, I am a Manitoba provincial nominee, so I had a work permit support letter from the province, and my application was LMIA exempt.

Kayla

Work permit processing time has dropped from 17 to 14 weeks 🙏 Lets hope everyone’s applications come through soon. 😁

• Thanks 1

Odijonk

@Kayla.... hi  just for interest sake .. have you booked your tickets as yet? when are you planning on going over and to where? 

Kayla
On 2/12/2018 at 1:36 PM, Odijonk said:

@Kayla.... hi  just for interest sake .. have you booked your tickets as yet? when are you planning on going over and to where? 

No not yet, we feel it’s too risky to book yet. Our plan was to book as soon as our passport requests come through. 

We’re hoping to leave beginning of May, but no idea really. All depends on when Our Work permits come through. We’ve just found out we all passed out medicals, so I’m super relieved about that!!

Odijonk

@Kayla.... thinking that is the best to do... what airline are you looking at and are you traveling with kids? Congrats on passing medicals... best news on your medicals... please keep posting progress will love to know your updates... 

@Beatrice.... i am adding you in this post as you both are in the same boat and i am sure we can offer some support for one another... have a great day ladies en holding thumbs for your progress to continue smoothly.. ✊

Beatrice

Whoop whoop!!! :D  We just got our passport request letter!!! 5 weeks and 3 days since we applied!!!! Thanks to Matrix Visa!!!!

• Thanks 1

Kayla
56 minutes ago, Beatrice said:

Whoop whoop!!! :D  We just got our passport request letter!!! 5 weeks and 3 days since we applied!!!! Thanks to Matrix Visa!!!!

Oh BRILLIANT @Beatrice!!!! So happy for you!!! And what record time!! You must be so excited now!! The limbo has finally ended 😁 We’re really hoping we hear before the end of feb. Fingers crossed 🤞🏻

• Thanks 1

Kayla
11 hours ago, Odijonk said:

@Kayla.... thinking that is the best to do... what airline are you looking at and are you traveling with kids? Congrats on passing medicals... best news on your medicals... please keep posting progress will love to know your updates... 

@Beatrice.... i am adding you in this post as you both are in the same boat and i am sure we can offer some support for one another... have a great day ladies en holding thumbs for your progress to continue smoothly.. ✊

Hi @Odijonk

I’ve been looking at all the airlines trying to work out the best options for us. We will be traveling with 2 kids and 2 dogs. 

So far it looks like Emirates has the best prices. The dogs will fly a few days later with KLM (dogs get the luxury airline and a stopover in Amsterdam 😁) 

The main thing is getting a flight all the way to Victoria. Most of the flights seem to go as far as Vancouver. I think getting a ferry across with all our luggage and kids would be a pain. So trying to find something that goes all the way. 

• Thanks 1

Beatrice

We are so relieved!!! We realy hope that everybody's processing time is just as quick!!!! Best wishes to everybody

• Thanks 1