Dedré

Work Permit Time Line

Hendie

Baie geluk julle twee! Sien, die wag was die moeite werd! Nou moet ons julle net hier kry en ingesettle kry!

einselec

Baie geluk julle. Lyk my ons gaan dalk nog op dieselfde tyd in Kanada aankom!!!

Heinrich

Excellent news, Charl and Dedré! So glad for your sake. May you be blessed as you go ahead from here.

Charl & Dedré,

:cry: Congratulations from Lawrence & Family. Best wishes with your final arrangements. Dedré they are going to miss your verve and enthusiasm at the Cape Town Coffee Club.

:lol: Kind Regards,

Tammy

Best of luck from Glenn and Tammy too, and congratulations enjoy this time! Maybe we'll meet up in Calgary soon!

Regards Tammy

Flip & Ilana

Man, I love it when people are finally at that point when they are almost on the plane!!!

Congrats to all of you!!

Canada will be blessed and SA "kan hulle ou skoene agter julle aangooi"!!!!

Happy days (and extremely busy ones) now!

Tokkie B
:cry::lol::magic: Wow dit moes baie moeilik gewees het om nie iets te se nie. Baie geluk en enjoy the ride.

Cathy K

Fantastiese nuus! Ons is almal saam met julle bly!

Dedré

Thank you EVERYONE! WOW! It is so nice being embraced like this. Yes, I am not the person that keeps this kind of news to myself... you all know me. We are also extremely blessed, that our parents are at the point that they are giving us their support, even though it is difficult for them. They know the grand children are also somewhere in the near future, so it must be even more difficult for them. We can not wait to board that plane! Mom was here for the weekend to say her last goodbyes, they are from George and do not want to come to the last day at the air port. We will be packing now and boy, I am looking forward to it all.

Andre & Elaine

Dedre, congrats on the WP hope that all goes according to plan. we sent through our fax this morn so hopefully we will hear from them today. What worries me a bit, is the time period that you guys waited and we were informed otherwise.

goodluck

Dedré

Thank you guys, I don't think you have got anything to worry about. On our side the lawyer was asked to produce some more info, which he forgot about for a whole two weeks. Otherwise we would have been right on time considering when they have asked for our passports.

Like Charl said, the last few weeks drove him nuts! I had (still have) other things to worry me. I know the people at CIC are working hard to keep to their time lines and trying to still do their jobs correct with all the pressure. Even though the system is driving us all nuts, I think if they could have changed the way things were done, they probably would have.

To us waiting, a day feels like a year. From your side you can make sure that they have all your details and that everyone have provided the necessary documentation as requested. Prayer helps to get the documentation into the RIGHT hands at the right time, and also is needed to keep you going, motivated and positive. Every time when someone told us, "it will all work out... don't worry", we would be so frustrated. Even though we know it is true, we also wanted God to show us it is true. We still don't want Him to hide. Someone also told us: "God is slow, but never late. Always on time."

Stand strong in the things you DO believe in. Work with the facts and try to do everything from your side you humanly possibly can. In all of that, God will still do His thing. Cause that is WHO He is! Trust, believe & pray! We will see you guys in Canada. You are leaving before us. At least you bought tickets in faith... We didn't even do that. We are way behind you guys there! So we admire you for walking the walk and just not talking! Go for it. You will be O.K.

Trevor&Anelle

Oh, CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!! I am soooooo happy for you guys!

Anelle

Trevor&Anelle

to hear from CHC after your medicals went of to Niarobi? Today is 4 weeks since we had our medicals and CHC said they reckon they would have it back by 4 weeks.... BUT how long is the actual wait? Would love to hear how long everyone else waited!

Anelle

natalieh
to hear from CHC after your medicals went of to Niarobi? Today is 4 weeks since we had our medicals and CHC said they reckon they would have it back by 4 weeks.... BUT how long is the actual wait? Would love to hear how long everyone else waited!

Anelle

http://www.sacanada.org/index.php?showtopic=12649

Guest CharlvS

Anelle

Hi Anelle,

Do not expect to hear anything for about 6 to 8 weeks. 8 weeks more likely. Don't get your hopes up. I know this period is the most frustrating of all, but try and think of other things while waiting. It drove us nuts to wait it out like this and I know it's only human, but you will get there eventually.

Cheers!

Charl

rroberts

Anelle

Went for our medicals 20th June,arrived in Kenya 3rd July (checked wih courier)-still waiting.

boeg
Hi Anelle,

Do not expect to hear anything for about 6 to 8 weeks. 8 weeks more likely. Don't get your hopes up. I know this period is the most frustrating of all, but try and think of other things while waiting. It drove us nuts to wait it out like this and I know it's only human, but you will get there eventually.

Cheers!

Charl

What do you mean "it drove you nuts"? Have you been for medicals????

(Hoping, hoping, hoping)

Guest CharlvS
What do you mean "it drove you nuts"? Have you been for medicals????

(Hoping, hoping, hoping)

Err... ja. We even got our work permits already! ;) Applied 8 April 2008 and received them back 22 July 2008 (15 weeks exactly). It took a bit longer because we hit a snag with some of the paperwork along the way.

boeg
Err... ja. We even got our work permits already! ;) Applied 8 April 2008 and received them back 22 July 2008 (15 weeks exactly). It took a bit longer because we hit a snag with some of the paperwork along the way.

Oh, I didn't know you had applied for work permits. I thought it was PR.

Trevor&Anelle

We have to move out of our house end of this month and Trev is finishing work on the 31st. We have two options - either to try and rent something (we being 8 people) and live with NOTHING as everything would be packed up already. The company wanted Trev to start 14 July, so we couldn't leave everything until WP came through) OR we could move in with my parents and I don't think I could actually handle that :-( My mom is super-tidy, bordering on OC and with 6 boys 10 years and under, I just don't see that happening!

Okay, I will not stress! God is in control! I will not stress! God is in control! I will not stress! God is in control!

Thanks everyone!

Anelle

Guest CharlvS

Hi boeg,

Ja, we did apply for PR about 38 months ago... but I was very fortunate in being given employment in the meantime so we're going over with work permits until PR comes through someday (hopefully very soon for us!!).

Cheers!

Charl

Dedré

Anelle,

I can not give you hope. It is true what Charl said. You go nuts a 100 times a day and realize at the end, you just start praying all over again. I hated the not knowing, and not being able to ask questions to an officer as frequently as you would want to. Not having any status updates... wondering if they got the paperwork an IF they are actually working on it... Most of all I hated the stress, planning and everything that goes along with it.

What you can rest assured in, is that a WP is the fastest way to go. Also, I know they can mess up, they are also only human, but you can be sure, they are working up there. Even though it is not at our required pase (which is super fast forward ;))... I honestly think they have lots of work and are working on it... and I say that because I believe in the better of people...

Should you try and get info out of them? Yes. But do it in a very nice polite hat in the hand manner. I refuse to do something for someone who demands it from me. I will just put that guys request underneath ALL my paperwork. It's only human to walk an extra mile for someone who treats you special.

Will you still go nuts a 100 times a day? Yes.

I am glad to see you have faith to pull you through this. That is ALL you have got to be sure about. I'll have it no other way!

Boeg, yes, we applied for PR, started applying for the UK, a week after handing in for the UK Charl got a sound job offer from Canada. In the mean time the UK HSMP was approved, and at the same time we went for our medicals here in Cape Town. We went on the nutty path since then, and last Thursday (17/07/08) heard that we were approved. Tuesday we got our passports with our stickers in them... but not after some horrible service from the courier company! But hey... living in SA.

Guest CharlvS
My mom is super-tidy, bordering on OC and with 6 boys 10 years and under, I just don't see that happening!

SIX BOYS!! :o All under 10?? :o Holy crap! :o

Respect, Anelle... RESPECT!!! In fact, Charl's "Respect of The Day" Award goes to you and Trevor. ;)

Edited by CharlvS

Trevor&Anelle

Thanks, Dedre!

Trev e-mail CHC Nairobi a while ago. He is VERY diplomatic and polite :-) :-). They sent an e-mail back about a week later to say that they needed more info to check on where our file is in the queue on their side. (all our passport numbers etc.). He sent it and nouw we just wait and see!

How could one get info from CHC Pretoria? What to ask without looking pushy? The not knowing is KILLING me! :-) :-)

Anelle

Dedré

You can send them an e-mail or a fax or both. They take some time to respond... It seems they only respond to WP related questions.

And from my side you get respect for 6 boys as well... under 10 years! Wow!