Dedré

Work Permit Time Line

CandacedeK
12 hours ago, Dedré said:

Not sure if I understand correctly. Are you asking if you can come to Canada without any visa in your passport?

No, if we can come to Canada on a work permit and temporary resident visa (if we can get them obviously) while we wait for our paper application for PR to be processed.

Dedré

@CandacedeK, yes, you can. As long as the WP is still legal. We did it that way.

ZeeGe

Received our approval letters today, the 16 week wait is finally over. Experiencing some mixed emotions at the moment but super excited about what the future holds 

ross23

Seems that there have not been many updates on this thread for a while. 

My wife's work 2 year work permit has been approved and I got the request for my passport (SA) on the 5th of February, following an application on the 20th of December. Around 6 weeks. We are undergoing a dual intent process and LMIA- work permits and EE application with the hope that one would be processed quicker- Plan B has worked out well in this case. My passport was submitted yesterday in Pretoria and my wife will get her work permit on entry to Canada as she has the Aussie passport. 

Talent79

Congrats guys to those whose WPs have been approved