Dedré

Work Permit Time Line

Guest CharlvS

Hi guys,

Does anybody know if one can check the status of a work permit application in eCAS? And if so, where should one go? According to me eCAS can only be used to check on the status of PR and citizenship applications?

Cheers!

Charl

Nirak
All they want to know is that when your work permit comes to an end you will leave the country, even if your intention is to apply for PR once you are in Canada. Their concern is that if your PR application is declined, you will stay on without status.

Not to alarm you but If I were you I would start looking at applying for either Manitoba PNP or Skilled Worker PR with Arranged Employment in case your work permit application is turned down.

I put an end date on the application form. The employer didn't want to even write a end date in the letter to CHC that was requested - their lawyer told them that it won't be a problem. I've already started looking at PNP, but, if the work permit doesn't come through, we will write this off as a bad experience - we have somewhere else that we would also like to move to.

The contract I arrived with in Canada, did not have an end date. It specifically stated "permanent", which then allowed me to immediately make an application for PR. My LMO had the start and end date, and my work permit had the same dates inserted as specified on the LMO.

My husband's position is LMO exempt, so no LMO.

Does anybody know if one can check the status of a work permit application in eCAS? And if so, where should one go? According to me eCAS can only be used to check on the status of PR and citizenship applications?

I had a look the other day - it is only PR and citizenship.

natalieh
I put an end date on the application form. The employer didn't want to even write a end date in the letter to CHC that was requested - their lawyer told them that it won't be a problem. I've already started looking at PNP, but, if the work permit doesn't come through, we will write this off as a bad experience - we have somewhere else that we would also like to move to.

I hold thumbs that they get back to you soon with a positive response :)

EvB
Got an email today saying that it went to the officer for final decision (which according to a previous email should have happened last week already) and that we should hear from them early next week (after being told yesterday that we should hear from them by tomorrow at the latest). It seems like they have an issue with the fact that the position is permanent. I'm really getting very frustrated...

I am so sorry to read about your issues Nirak. Their actions appear to be nothing other than delaying tactics. Because, there is the potential risk that the longer they delay it the greater the chances that the employer offering temporary work might want to reconsider?. If it is a "NO", CIC should just say so. There are many other options one can look into. But I do hope that all works out at the end for you, I can relate to your frustrations!!!

Trevor&Anelle

(((HUGS))), Karin!

We got the calls for medicals today (4 working days since Monday was a public holiday!). Managed to get an appoinment for all eight of us Monday afternoon at 13:00, so the trek to Jo'burg starts again tomorrow morning... Thank goodness my parents live in Heidelberg, so we can spend some time with family!

Also a bit worried now since our work permit is also for a permanent position! Well, will just wait to see!

Anelle

Nirak

Great Anelle! Enjoy the weekend with the family.

Another week has ended without hearing anything more. We are going for an impromptu holiday next week - hopefully some kind of news when we get back.

Dedré

Karin,

Good luck to you guys. Hope all the stress is just over in a heart beat.

Nirak

Fetching our passports tomorrow morning. I almost burst out in tears just now. Thank you everyone for your prayers and encouragement - it helped me through a very difficult two weeks.

Guest CharlvS
Fetching our passports tomorrow morning. I almost burst out in tears just now. Thank you everyone for your prayers and encouragement - it helped me through a very difficult two weeks.

Congrats Karin!!! :lol: I am very glad for you guys!!!

Hopefully those friends of ours still waiting for theirs will hear something soon too.

Dedré

Whohooo! Karin! Congrats! So glad for you guys! It's been a rough ride, and you persisted. Now it's just packing and flying...

Trevor & Anelle, (and all the others waiting patiently for the updates on their time lineds - thank you! by the way-) I have done those updates. Our list is growing slowly!

einselec

Hi Nirak

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

natalieh

Congratulations Karin!! All the best of luck with the "great trek". Your persistence has paid off :lol:

Trevor&Anelle

Karin, FANTASTIC news!!!!!! I'm sooooooo happy for you guys!!!!!! :-) :-) :-)

Anelle

Trevor&Anelle

Medicals left via courier to Nairobi today! According to the dr. here we don't have anything to worry about!

Anelle

Dedré

Cool! You guys are progressing fast!

Andre & Elaine

Hi

We recieved our phone call on the 3rd for our passports to be submitted CHC Pretoria and sent them the same day. Could anyone let us know how does one recieve your passports back? do we have to fetch them in person or do we use a courier.

Dedré

Hi you guys, congratulations. Glad to hear your good news. You just ask your courier to collect it. No hassles.

I am trying to update your time line, but I'm not sure when your actual dates are:

WP Submitted: ? (22 May)

Request for Medicals: ?

It's O.K. if you guys don't want the detail to be added, I'll respect it.

Guest CharlvS
Hi

We recieved our phone call on the 3rd for our passports to be submitted CHC Pretoria and sent them the same day. Could anyone let us know how does one recieve your passports back? do we have to fetch them in person or do we use a courier.

Just tell the courier to provide your work permit file number upon collection.

Andre & Elaine

Thanks guys,

We are excited and nervous but roaring to get to Salmon Arm, BC

Dedre I'll let you have the correct dates, will CHC contact us once the WP are ready to be collected?

Dedré

Cool. Thanks!

Nirak
Thanks guys,

We are excited and nervous but roaring to get to Salmon Arm, BC

Dedre I'll let you have the correct dates, will CHC contact us once the WP are ready to be collected?

Yes, you should get a phone call when they are ready.

Dedré

Sorry A&E, did not read to the end... just the first bit. Thanks for helping out Karin! :)

Guest CharlvS

Hello everybody!

Just wanted to let you know that "our friends" (who are actually US :lol: ) have finally heard from CIC today with regards to their (our!) work permits. They have been approved!!! The couriers will pick them up on Monday and we will hopefully have them in our hands by Tuesday.

Some of you might wonder why we kept it quiet. No particular reason, we just decided to keep it under wraps until we were sure we had them.

Thanks to everybody for their support and help during this time. If all goes well, we will arrive in Calgary sometime towards the end of August. So now we have LOTS and LOTS of admin to sort out before we go, and as someone has told us right at the beginning when we started this process: "Don't wish away the time, because once you have to start finalizing everything you would have wished you had some more!". I've never doubted this person, but the reality is now starting to sink in.

Just in brief, here is our work permit timeline:

Application sent: 7 April 2008 (Received by CIC on 8 April 2008 at 8:05)

Request for medicals and extra info: 14 April 2008

Gone for medicals: 18 April 2008

Medicals couriered to Nairobi via DHL: 21 April 2008 (Arrived on 23 April 2008)

Police clearances and additional info sent: 12 May 2008 (Received by CIC on 13 May 2008)

Request for passports: 10 June 2008

Passports couriered to Pretoria: 11 June 2008 (Received by CIC on 12 June 2008)

Notification of passports ready for collection: 18 July 2008

Passports received back: Hopefully on 22 July 2008 !!

Cheers!

Charl

Edited by CharlvS

Dedré

Well, as far as I can remember, we kept it quiet out of respect for those who are in the PR queue with us. We know how disheartening it is to hear someone had success while you are still waiting. We will be patiently waiting with you guys and supporting you as far as we can.

We are so grateful that that He has been so gracious to us. A lot of prayer and work went into this application. Finally we are on our way to Canada. Happily waiting for PR to arrive.

Lorrett
Well, as far as I can remember, we kept it quiet out of respect for those who are in the PR queue with us. We know how disheartening it is to hear someone had success while you are still waiting. We will be patiently waiting with you guys and supporting you as far as we can.

We are so grateful that that He has been so gracious to us. A lot of prayer and work went into this application. Finally we are on our way to Canada. Happily waiting for PR to arrive.

Congratulations guys, this is great news. Good luck with all the arrangements. Hope to meet you sometime in Calgary.