Sign in to follow this  
josephparappally

Which is the nearest border for re-entry with PR visa

josephparappally

I would like to know which is the nearest border in Fort Mc Murray for re-entry with PR visa. Have any facility available from Fort Mc Murry for the people who wish to make re-entry with PR visa. Any agency help or transportation etc. Can we make re-entry by road.

natalieh

You can travel by road to the US border and tell them that you want to land. You then swing around the flagpole (cross into the US and then straight back into Canada) go to Canadian Immigration and land. Easy as pie.

I'm not sure but I think the border crossing you would use is Coutts-Sweetgrass Montana?

josephparappally
You can travel by road to the US border and tell them that you want to land. You then swing around the flagpole (cross into the US and then straight back into Canada) go to Canadian Immigration and lanhed. Easy as pie.

I'm not sure but I think the border crossing you would use is Coutts-Sweetgrass Montana?

How far US border from Fort Mc Murry and how many hourse journey. To cross the US border shall I need US visa? Is there any Taxi facility to border?

natalieh

I'm not sure how far it is. I'm sure if you go on www.mapquest.ca you will find the information you need. To swing around the flagpole you don't need a US visa.

Renting a car might be less expensive than a taxi.

Island Life

Well from Edmonton to US border is a 5 hour drive so, given that Fort Mac is another 4 hours north of Edm, you are probably looking at 8 or 9 hours to the border from there. If you are on a SA passport, you need a visa to cross into the US.

Ingrid Brunkhorst Hurrell
Well from Edmonton to US border is a 5 hour drive so, given that Fort Mac is another 4 hours north of Edm, you are probably looking at 8 or 9 hours to the border from there. If you are on a SA passport, you need a visa to cross into the US.

Island Life, to flagpole you don't need the US visa.

All you do is tell the Canadian side you are landing, and they give you a form to hand over to the US immigration folks.

We left our vehicle on the Canadian side the first time when we had to falgpole and just walked across.

Second time we had to do it was when we landed and as we chose to go around 2 am, we drove to the US side once we'd been to the Canadian office.

US guys just check your passport, ask a few questions and send you back to the Canadians. :lol: