Sign in to follow this  
Flip & Ilana

Left click doesn't work!!

Flip & Ilana

We bought a new PC a month ago - now the left-click function on the mouse (optical) stopped working! I tried another mouse - same problem. Swithed the left & right button functions under control panel - then the right button doesn't work.

Seems like the Left click function has left the building!

When I Googled this, the suggestions was that I run a registry check (haven't tried this yet....)

We now have Windows Vista (groan). On XP you could lock/unlock the left mouse button, but ther's nowhere on Vista where I can look if this might be the problem.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Lana

shaun

Funny you should be having the same problem as me!!!

I've had my PC for 6 months (laptop) and last night the same thing happened to me. I'm running XP, with IE6.

Another problem that started last night was when opening outlook and then trying to go to an e-mail, as soon as the cursor goes over the body of the e-mail or an attachment the whole mail vanishes and I'm left with two letter in the top left hand corner.

I unplugger the mouse and worked with the pad on the laptop for a while. When I plugged the mouse back in everything was back to normal, except now the battery on the laptop shows 34% full, even after a whole nights charge the battery still shows 34%. The charger is warm, and the PC acknowledges when I plug it in and out, but it doesn't show that it's charging.

?????

Flip & Ilana

Nee Shaun, ons soek oplossings, nie meer probleme nie.......

Hopelik sal 'n fundi ons kan uithelp! :o

Oom.Dee
Nee Shaun, ons soek oplossings, nie meer probleme nie.......

Hopelik sal 'n fundi ons kan uithelp! :o

Ek dink jy het klaar hardeware probleme uitgeskakel deur die ander muis ook te probeer, die feit dat die probleem die selfde bly dui op sagteware probleme.(behalwe as altwee jou muise siek is) Uninstall jou muis driver en restart die masjien, dit werk dalk net.

Deon

Flip & Ilana

Restarted the system - now everything is OK again. Hope it lasts!

Ran the registry check anyway and it picked up 183 problems & fixed it. A lot of these were in IE, so this may be the answer for you too, Shaun.

Try this:

http://www.registryfix.com/?hop=publish4