Sign in to follow this  
Guest BC

How long after medicals approved?

Guest Guest

Diane

Thanx for the feedback.

About 6 weeks ago my local MP managed to trace all my information, eg. my wife's medical results and our RCMP clearances etc with the courier tracking numbers. Buffalo claimed they never received any of the above, at least now everything is sorted out and all the information is on file (The immigration centres have to respond to a MP query within 7 working days). I suppose the only thing I can do is be patient. But it's frustrating as we have done and submitted all our medicals and RCMP clearances in January 2003.

Let us know when your PR status come thru.

Regards ^_^

Guest Guest

Diane

Just received a letter from immigration asking for our passports. Hopefully we'll be landed shortly.

Regards :D:P;)^_^

Guest Diane

Guest.

Fantastic. I'm so pleased for you. Somehow I don't think we'll be as lucky as you've been - MS is a very expensive disease to manage and I don't think the Canadians would like to take on such a liability - and I wouldn't blame them. I'll post if we hear anything.

Guest Guest

Diane

I know of one or two people who had some medical issues and were given their PR status, with some restrictions. Just be positive and patient.

Regards

:lol:

Guest zovzov

Greeting anyone that might read this message,

iam going creazy...............................

this is my case:

applied under the independent immigrant category at the Canadian embassy in Damascus Syria, in March 1999.

got a notification letter with a file number in April 1999.

did interview in November 6 2002.

did medical in November 10 2002.

open a bank account and money sent to canada.

went to the canadian embassy in syria in August 2003 to check our status, answer was that they are doing security check .

sent fax to embassy in september 2003 to inquire about our status, answer was still they are doing the security check.

medical will expire in November 10 /2003.

my question is :

does any one has a similar case?

did any one waited or still waiting as us?

does any one has a similar case through the canadian embassy in Damascus?

can anyone predicte or tell when is it possible for us to get the visas? or do we have to do the medical again? and if we did the medicalfor how long do we have to wait again? it is really causing us a lot of stress as we are worried of waiting for such a long time?

by the way our nationality is Lebanese, but we are living in kuwait.

please any one that could possibly analyze or give his or her insight ?

P.S.i check our status online daily using the e-client service since two years and until now i got the same thing : in process.

why they dont change the reading on our status?

and when do they do it?

thank you in advance and sorry for my long message.

:P:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

johankok

Any idea on their approach to diabetics???

cyriani
Well,

We did our  pr merdicals on Friday...exactly 6 months after they had been issued

to us..just as the instructions said.The immigration dr. said we should have

our permanent residency papers within 6-8 weeks if there are no problems.

Just a note for you all....if you are on any medication...get a letter from your

dr. in advance with the diagnosis  treatment and long term progmosis..

this just speeds it up..If they come back to you about any medication..it slows things down....and  o yes dont take any painkillers etc. for about 2 weeks before.....some of these show up in your urine and can also slow things down....and for the ladies.....dont go around a certain time of the month...

also makes your urine test inaccurate

We had an excellent dr. who told us all these things before we went for our appointment. Silly little things that can slow you down with over 2 months.

So.....please say little prayers for us.....we hope to be landd before we need to renew our workpermits in September

hi zovzov , i'm worry about ur case , i don't know if u still waiting for visa , i 'm waiting as u but it is now passed 4 monthes after the medical exam. by the way i'm lebanese too

Harry

Johan,

I was diagnosed with Type II diabetes in September 1999. I can confess that this, coming on top of the stresses of the emigration thing and realities of the New South Africa, nearly destroyed me.

We got our "acceptance subject to medical" letter on New Years day 2000. In the 3 months between those dates I walked 3km (fast) every day, got the help of a dietician, cut out all the "bad" foods and dropped from 87kg to 65kg! My fasting bloodsugar dropped from FAR above 10 to 5.7 and stayed there. In the process I very carefully logged all my measurements daily using MS-Excel . When I went for the medical, I handed them this lot in evidence and they seemed to be happy that I was managing it. I never got any "negative" questions.

johankok

Holding thumbs for you .... I'm also a type II, reasoning being inconsistent. highly stresed working environments. I typically go to some place to work on a startup telco carrier. Itr normally takes between 4 and 9 months to startup such an operator - but the stress levels managing such is quite high.

THe other problem is that regular balanced meals goes for a loop at the same time. Fortunately som of my children are quite involved with triathlon, and we did implement a GI diet for them. Once diagnosed (sugar levels has been out of control for some period), I rapidly switch over to a GI diet, keeping that reasonable tight (not 100% though). It took quite a while to stabilise, as I was extremely sensitive to any wrong eating for a couple of months.

Currently my sugar levels are typically between 4.4 and 6.6 which is perfect. I think I will do the same as you with regular checks and history. They could in any even test once three month average in the labs - so there might not be a way out if it is uncontrolled.

Interestingly, the only difference for use of a GI diet between sport and diabetics, lies in excercise recovery, where a sportsman would have to take high glucemen food stuffs within an hour of heavy excercise, and a diabetic would then use the middle group (incl. raw honey). Out side of these the diets are identical.

Harry

One thing you might like to know, is that, over here in Canada, the bloodglucose meters are regularly given away for free (or almost free) as a promotion gimmick with the purchase of a box of test strips. Certainly Bayer do that regularly. They actually make their money on the test strips. Considering I paid R570 for my first Bayer Glucometer in September 1999 in SA, you can imagine my surprise when the assistant at the pharmacy gave me one for free (or almost free) over here!

Also, in BC, if you go for a day of training at the local hospital on the use of such meters, the Provincial Medical Scheme will pick up all the costs of your test strips, or at least the balance after your insurance has paid a chunk. A box of test strips cost of the order of $80....in 2000 they were costing me R200-odd in SA. I have no idea what they cost now.

Harry