Sign in to follow this  
Guest BC

How long after medicals approved?

Guest BC

Can anyone give me an idea of how long it takes to receive the pr visa once the medicals have been approved and Pretoira has all the final documents.

Do you think Pretoria will process the final stage faster if I receive a job offer, that has not been validated by human resources Canada.

Nico

The period after the medical was received in Nairobi is usually 6 weeks.

Yes, inform Pretoria about your job offer and request politely their assistance to finalize your application. (Unfortunately - it all depends on who is working on your file and how they feel that day.)

Nico

Guest BC

Thanks Nico,

My medicals went to Ottawa rather than Niarobi, and was approved about two weeks ago. When I spoke with PTA last week they confirmed that they had received the medical approval from Ottawa but they wouldn't give me an idea of how much longer it will take for them to finalize things.

Nico

Then it should not take longer than three weeks, but... all depends whether the officer working with your file is sick, on leave or on training ... then everything stands still.

Nico

Guest canadiankrugers

Hi Cobus/Nico,

WE have been in Canada on workvisas for just over 2 years.WE received our second medical forms end October 2002( a year after applying for pr) with a note stating that we can not do the medicals until 6 months have passed as our medicals will be overdue once they get to our file.So, this week the 6 months wait is over and we are doing them. All the other paperwork ( bank statements/police clearances/army letter etc. was sent in Nov. 2002.

How long would the wait be( best and worst cases)? since our visas expire

end SEptember and I really do not want to pay for another issue and then receive pr a month later!!!!!Also, my brother in law is waiting to get his points

higher once we are landed for him to qualify.

ps: thanks a lot for the awesome job you guys are doing on this website

Nico

With the instruction to wait six months CIC tried to buy themselves some time. In the past they were presured to process the application when the one year validity neared expiry. (The medical examination is only valid for 1 year)

If you filed in Buffalo they most probably will call you for an interview, that will also take quite some time. If you filed in Pretoria they should finalize the file within the next few weeks.

Nico

malinda

Hallo Canadiankrugers

Ek hoop dit gaan goed met julle mediese toetse. Ons hou duim vas vir julle.

Guest canadiankrugers

Well,

We did our pr merdicals on Friday...exactly 6 months after they had been issued

to us..just as the instructions said.The immigration dr. said we should have

our permanent residency papers within 6-8 weeks if there are no problems.

Just a note for you all....if you are on any medication...get a letter from your

dr. in advance with the diagnosis treatment and long term progmosis..

this just speeds it up..If they come back to you about any medication..it slows things down....and o yes dont take any painkillers etc. for about 2 weeks before.....some of these show up in your urine and can also slow things down....and for the ladies.....dont go around a certain time of the month...

also makes your urine test inaccurate

We had an excellent dr. who told us all these things before we went for our appointment. Silly little things that can slow you down with over 2 months.

So.....please say little prayers for us.....we hope to be landd before we need to renew our workpermits in September

malinda

hallo canadiankrugers

Ons is bly alles het goed gegaan ons hou duim vas dat alles goed gaan vir julle pernament residency

Alwyn en malinda

Guest Goose

We did our medicals on 10 April. I have read elsewhere that the medicals take a maximum of 6 weeks to get back to CHC Pretoria from Nairobi but I and others think that the average is closer to 3 weeks. Due to unforseen circumstances we only sent our Proof of Funds documentation on 14 May. Then we waited...and waited. Fortunately you can phone CHC Pretoria on 012-4223090 and (using there menu which responds to touch tone phones) leave a message for them (once through it is 1,5,2,2...and make sure you end the call off correctly by pushing 1 on your phone instead of hanging up).

I wouldn't hassle them until you have had the medicals and submitted your ROLF payment and Proof of Funds documentation. Then it is worth giving them a ring. Had I not we would never have known that our agents in Montreal had neglected to courier the ROLF cheque to CHC Pretoria (notwithstanding the fact that our agents had debited our credit card with the payment a full 7 weeks earlier). It was apparantly an administrative error on the part of our agents. But if I had not telephoned CHC Pretoria to ask them to confirm that they had received everything, I would not have had a sweet lady from CHC Pretoria return my call and advise me of our agent's oversight. I would never otherwise have known.

Guest Diane

Can anyone tell: We did our medicals at the end of February 2003. As I was diagnosed with probable Multiple Sclerosis a year after our application went in (application in October 2000), we advised the CHC. So, though our medicals were fine otherwise, mine with history were sent to Ottawa for a further evaluation. (Original medicals done in JHB). We haven't heard a word and though a couple of our phone calls were returned towards the beginning of the year, the CHC have not replied to our phone calls and fax. In the meantime, and if by some miracle, my medical is passed, we may have run out of time to land and so on - as it stands now, we'd only have five months and still haven't heard. Question is: 1. Has anyone else had the experience of medicals being sent to Ottawa, and how long did it take? 2. If the principal applicant's medicals are 100%, and the accompanying applicant's medicals were 100% except for the doubt cast by the probable diagnosis of MS, what are the chances of acceptance? 3. If accepted, would the CHC extend the landing date to make up for their delay in responding? <_

Guest Guest

We are basically in the same position as you guys, did our medicals 7 January 2003. They wanted my wife's hysterectomy pathology report which we submitted end February beginning March and we are still waiting. Everybody said it takes ±3 months to get your landed status once you've done you medicals, which I don't believe anymore. I think it's a typical army style situation (hurry up and wait).

Good luck and be patient.

Guest Diane

Thanks guest. Post a note if you hear anything, I'd be interested to hear. :angry:

Guest Guest_Krugers

Well- did our medical May 1..it was okayed by Ottawa on 28 May...but our dear immigration officer let us know

via email that he will not get to our file in the remaining 6 weeks.So, new HR approval, new visas, new lawyers fees..etc.It has now been 2 years since our applications have beeen filed...what should have been 6-8 weeks after medicals are now over 4 months and counting.....it all depends on your officer.This week I will try to send another email and I am also going to see our local MP. to see if we can speed things up.My brother -in -law has a job offer but he needes our 5 points.So..it also effects the rest of the family.

Guest Arusha

Hi. Our application was made in New Delhi, India. Our medicals were completed in Nov 2002. We've only just received our visa - some 3 weeks back.

Guest Bryan

:rolleyes:

I feel your pain. I did my medical in April. I know I was provisionally approved but have heard nothing. I faxed them a letter from a company that had offered me a job in mid july. They have done nothing. The offer expired end of august and I have not heard a thing.

I have faxed them several times and they dont even bother spending the time to reply.

I am going through buffalo.

Guest Guest_Krugers

hi Bryan,

I went to our local immigration office and a very kind officer was able to access the Buffalo computors.He also emailed Buffalo for me.That is how we got the info.Buffalo does not respond to us little fellows personally.

But then..very good friend of ours were landed within 8 weeks.And they went to the same doctor at the same time as us.It all depends who is working on your file.Our officer says he has a 4 000 backlog and only one assistant!!!I am willing to be his assistant for free!!!!!

Guest Bryan

Who did you email. I sent a mail to bfalo@dfait-maeci.gc.ca. I bet I am wasting my time though. It is just so frustrating faxing of documents multiple times with nothing coming back.

Guest Guest_Krugers

Hi Bryan,

The immigration officer at the kitchener office emailed buffalo personally and phoned me 3 days later with the answer.I am going back to the office this week with a thankyou note and see if he can check anything else.

I am going to show him my brother in laws job offer.Maybe you should drive to your local office with your job offer and plead for help.I said I did not mind to wait the whole day and sat there until the office was empty

and then they tackled our stuff. Where do you live?

Guest Bryan

I am in Toronto. I have looked everywhere and cannot find where my local immigartion office is. Did you try writing and email to the minister. Minister@cic.gc.ca

I am going to wait a few days and then maybe mail him. Who knows at some stage someone has to stop ignoring us.

expiper

Another way to get some sort of response from your immigration office is to go and see your local MP. They will not try and speed up your application but they will get answers. They immigration office have to respond to a MP within 7 days. I went to the local MP month ago. I know of a couple of people (including myself) who did their medicals and RCMP clearances in January 2003 and is still waiting for PR status.

Guest Guest_Krugers

Thanks for that.I have heard that thr Mp can get answers.He is on my list for Monday.

Guest Guest_Krugers

Hi Bryan,

Contact me by email and I can give you some more info. canadiankrugers@rogers.com

Guest Diane

To Guest. Just thought I'd let you know that I phoned the CHC yesterday with another enquiry and they called me back today. A very friendly lady says that coincidentally they received my medical back from Ottawa today, that it'll be forwarded to the immigration officer that is dealing with our file, and that we should hear one way or the other soon - but, not to expect our letter for the next month. I tried to get some info out of her, but all she would say is that the immigration officer will now have to make the final decision. Perhaps you should call them as your medicals were sent to Ottawa at about the same time as ours - your wife's results may also be back. Good luck.