Sign in to follow this  
Adele

North Vancouver: Meet 'n Greet, January 13th

Adele

Three years ago, I decided to take the 'functions' to Harry our fearless administrator on the West Coast! I have now made it into an annual affair. Once again, our very own Oom Harry will be in attendance and will share his wisdom with those new and old to Canada.

Title: SACanada Meet & Greet for January

Description: The Raven Pub in North Vancouver (Unfortunately this is for adults only) B.Y.O

Date & time: Saturday, January 13, 2007 at 1:00 PM

Location: The Raven Pub, 1052 Deep Cove Road, , North Vancouver, BC

Hopefully we can have more SA Canadians join us this year. Place it on your calendars, arrange a sitter for the darlings and join us after the Christmas rush!!!

This is a casual affair, and we usually fill out one corner of the pub with small, but intimate numbers. I am hoping this time we can fill out the whole upper area.

See you there!!!

Wesley

Perhaps I shall send my mom and dad out that way to join you...assuming they haven't already given you all the dirt on me at the last get together :ph34r:

Cathy K

Wesley, you sound like the kind of guy whose parents will instantly become mute if they have to talk about your bad traits. :P They did a very good job raising you. :ph34r:

Wish we could join you all....... :P

Cathy K.

Edited by Die Kotzé's

Adele

Wesley,

I would love to host them again. Last time we spoke briefly and I think the conspiratorial smiles between them meant they were planning on dishing once we had a chance to sit down and chat one on one. ;):ph34r::P Pity you can't be there to defend yourself... :P;):P

Really they are very nice people, but boy what they did with you, ;)

Cathy I really wish I could organize something for the Island, but I have no idea of the area and how vast it would be for some folks to drive to a central location...

Nixie
Three years ago, I decided to take the 'functions' to Harry our fearless administrator on the West Coast! I have now made it into an annual affair. Once again, our very own Oom Harry will be in attendance and will share his wisdom with those new and old to Canada.

Title: SACanada Meet & Greet for January

Description: The Raven Pub in North Vancouver (Unfortunately this is for adults only) B.Y.O

Date & time: Saturday, January 13, 2006 at 1:00 PM

Location: The Raven Pub, 1052 Deep Cove Road, , North Vancouver, BC

Hopefully we can have more SA Canadians join us this year. Place it on your calendars, arrange a sitter for the darlings and join us after the Christmas rush!!!

This is a casual affair, and we usually fill out one corner of the pub with small, but intimate numbers. I am hoping this time we can fill out the whole upper area.

See you there!!!

Hi Adele,

Should the date not be Jan 13, 2007 ?

Hopefully we can make it this event then.

Thanks again,

Nixie

Adele
:ph34r: You are so right Nixie! :P To much eggnog with rum does not make a good posting....error corrected!!!

Nixie

:D No problem, Adele !

Hopefully we will be able to see you there, if not, there is always another time. ;)

Nixie

Adele

Harry,

How are the roads in Deep Cove?

Will the area be okay for cars to get in and out safely? I need to consider this not only for myself as I am coming from Surrey, but for other's too.

Harry

Adele,

at this stage the roads are fine. After all, the entire part of the drive on the North Shore is within 100 foot of sea level. Some tree damage is still visible along the Dollarton Highway on the way to the Raven.

What's this thing about me supposedly "sharing wisdom"....I just live here and work here....!!! Of course I have opinions, but those are just mine.

Jô!! Just now you have folks believing I will turn up in a brick-red toga saying "ommmmm!"

All I have to offer is that I'm "Short, Grey and [dashingly?] Handsome". :) ( err..the wife will be with to protect me...ahem!)

Aaag--jaaaa...a guy has to keep telling himself this stuff, you know.

Adele

The wisdom part is a just a gal's ploy to get you out to join us....So glad to hear the roads are fine, so we will be there. I have a few folks committed to joining us, so should be fun.

Harry

Well,

we've rolled out the sun and beautiful scenery just for those attending. See the Van Diary.