Sign in to follow this  
Adele

Surrey: Christmas Bring and Share Dinner, Dec 17th, 2006

Adele

Bring and Share Christmas Dinner

December 17/06 15:30pm – 21:30pm

Rodeo Park Townhouse Complex

17445 57th Avenue, Surrey.

RSVP for catering purposes is essential.

Join us for a Bring and Share Christmas Party. If you last name starts with A - M bring a salad or hot dish and N - Z bring a desert for the share table. The dishes should be able to compliment Turkey, Chicken and beef. Bring the kids, invite some friends, bring a plate of food, and your sense of family fun. This is a very relaxed event but the kids love it when they get to meet Santa.

RSVP for catering purposes to Adele(at)SACanada.org

Ann

December 16th is also the Day of the Vow, in South Africa. ;)

boeg

It is also Reconciliation Day ;)

What a good idea, Adele. I have often thought "What are my partner and I going to do on our first Christmas alone, without our families."

The thought makes me not a little miserable.

If you keep up the tradition we would love to join you in 20voetsek!

Nixie

Yes, this sounds great ! Will a formal / informal invitation be sent out shortly ?

Thanks,

Nixie

Adele

;) This is the informal invitation. :cry: Hopefully I will get out the SAVancouver Newsletter by this evening and I have included this invitation into my newsletter. I will also send out a special notice via email for the newsletter subscribers.

The special notice will have more indepth detail of the function.

I chose the date for simplicity reasons, but I like the idea of a Reconcilation of ex-pats. Maybe I can change the word to Reconnection of Ex-pats.

Nixie
;) This is the informal invitation. :cry: Hopefully I will get out the SAVancouver Newsletter by this evening and I have included this invitation into my newsletter. I will also send out a special notice via email for the newsletter subscribers.

The special notice will have more indepth detail of the function.

I chose the date for simplicity reasons, but I like the idea of a Reconcilation of ex-pats. Maybe I can change the word to Reconnection of Ex-pats.

Thanks Adele! It's the special notice that I am looking forward to, and I guess other members too ;)

Looking forward to receiving the Newsletter.

Nixie

Deonm
Thanks Adele! It's the special notice that I am looking forward to, and I guess other members too :)

Looking forward to receiving the Newsletter.

Nixie

Aha -Nou weet ek waarheen ons oppad is die 16 de Desember

Die haai van die baai het werr 'n internet link.

Adele

THE FORMAL INVITE!

“Bring n’ Share Christmas Dinner”

&

Secret Santa's

Sunday, December 17, 2006

15:30pm to 21:30pm (or later)

17745 57th Avenue, Surrey

RSVP Essential

Adele at SACanada.org

Join us for a “Bring n’ Share Christmas Dinner” at our Townhouse Complex. Sunday, December 17, 2006 at 5:30pm to 10:30pm (or later). Santa informed me that last year he was so busy he nearly never made it around the world on Christmas Eve. We thought that Santa did not need more requests of his time and decided that we would play "Santa". Therefore our theme will be Secret Santa's. For the children, the parents are requested to supply a small gift, wrapped and labelled with a name. We will then give the kids

their gifts and move onto the Adult's Secret Santa's.

If someone does not know how it works, it is very simple. All persons attending provide a gift that is of a generic nature. In other words male or female can receive it. Wrap it and bring it along for the gift bag. Gift

time will have people pulling their name out a bowl, selecting a gift. We would suggest an amount that each person spends on the gift should be about $5. But, it is a personal choice to spend more.

As for the actual dinner, we will supply the Turkey and Beef Roasts. We suggest that all families attending please bring a bowl/plate of food to share and include a serving utensil if your contribution requires it. A - M bring a salad or hot dish and N - Z bring a desert , obviously to compliment the roasts that will be provided. If you bring a dish that can feed up to 12 people we should have enough to go around. Each family should also bring along their own drinks. As can be appreciated, we need to make this an RSVP as I need to make arrangements for the roasts.

We look forward to sharing, relaxing, meeting new and reconnecting with old friends from the ex-pat South African community. Obviously this could also be a good time to encourage friends to join us.

RSVP to Adele at Adele(at)SACanada.org or on 604.575.4042

Adele

PLEASE NOTE:

The date and time for the Christmas Bring and Share has had to be changed.

It is now on the 17th from 3:30pm to 9:30pm.

I apologise for any confusion and hope this date will be a good one to have a good turn out.

Nixie

PLEASE NOTE:

The date and time for the Christmas Bring and Share has had to be changed.

It is now on the 17th from 3:30pm to 9:30pm.

I apologise for any confusion and hope this date will be a good one to have a good turn out.

Hi Adele,

You would need to update the invitation date as well - on this one - a few headers above, it states Saturday, Dec 17/06 and it should be Sunday.

Hope to see all familiar faces (and new ones) again !

Take care,

Nixie

Adele

Thank Nixie :cry:

Nixie
Thank Nixie :blush:

;)

Ingrid Brunkhorst Hurrell

Have fun everybody! :)

See you all another time.

CMJKotze

Hi there, yes this sounds like a great idea! Unfortunate about the date change :) I will not be able to attend. I hope you all have a wonderful time andbring on the good old south African cheer!!

Adele

Just a reminder:

Are you joining us?

Bring and Share Christmas Party

December 17 / 06

3:30pm – 9:30pm

17445 57th Avenue, Surrey

Please join us for a “Bring n’ Share Christmas Dinner” at our Townhouse Complex. Sunday, December 17, 2006 at 3:30pm to 9:30pm (or later).

Last year Santa made an appearance. This year however Santa told me that he was so busy last year he almost never made it around the world on Christmas Eve. (Must have been al the good food). So we thought that Santa would appreciate a break before Christmas and that we could do the gift giving ourselves. So this year we will be Secret Santa's.

If someone does not know how it works, it is very simple. All persons attending provide a gift that is of a generic nature. In other words male or female can receive it. Wrap it and bring it along for the gift bag. Gift time will have people pulling their name out a bowl, selecting a gift. It is a personal choice to spend what you choose, but we had a suggestion that the gift had to be bought from a dollar store. This is to make this a little more 'fun'. We have also been able to secure some surprise gift "prizes".

For the children, the parents are requested to supply a small gift, wrapped and labelled with a name. We will then give the kids their gifts and move onto the Adult's Secret Santa's.

As for the actual dinner, we will supply the Turkey and Beef Roasts. We suggest that all families attending please bring a bowl/plate of food to share. Please include a serving utensil if your contribution requires it. A - M bring a salad or hot dish and N - Z bring a desert, obviously to compliment the roasts that will be provided. If you bring a dish that can feed up to 12 people we should have enough to go around. Each family should also bring along their own drinks. Coffee and tea will be supplied. As can be appreciated, we need to make this an RSVP as I need to make arrangements for the roasts.

We look forward to sharing, relaxing, meeting new and reconnecting with old friends from the ex-pat South African community. Obviously this could also be a good time to encourage friends to join us. Bring those Canucks out to meet some wild AfriCanucks.

RSVP to Adele at Adele(at)SACanada.org or on 604.575.4042.

Hope to see you and your family there.

Andy & Yvonne

Hi Adele,

Unfortunately we will not be able to attend the Bring and Share Christmas Party.

Yvonne

Adele
It is also Reconciliation Day :D

What a good idea, Adele. I have often thought "What are my partner and I going to do on our first Christmas alone, without our families."

The thought makes me not a little miserable.

If you keep up the tradition we would love to join you in 20voetsek!

Boeg, I am so sorry I never replied sooner. I hope to keep up the tradition. But I always said that if I got less than 6 people, I would consider NOT doing it again on such a grand scale. I may just invite new people out for the day to share our families Christmas.

I did not get the response I wanted for this year, and have even arranged a live band for the evening. So after today we will see if the Christmas functions continue. Otherwise I may just do the Summer Picnic in the parks. Folks asked for two in the summer months, but I don't think it will be a success as not to many folks will be around for it.

Anyhow, keep me up to date as to when you get here and we will certainly make you feel welcome.

Adele

Bring and Share Christmas Party

December 17 / 06

3:30pm – 9:30pm

17445 57th Avenue, Surrey

Another reminder:

Are you joining us? We have arranged a live band consisting of ex pat Safricans. The turkey and beef has been prepared for the roasting, the tables will be decorated. The gift exchange needs many people to make it fun. Bring along friends and family. The more the merrier, we can always pull up another chair!

Gift's need not be expensive, from a dollar store would be fine, just wrap it up and make it a uni-sex, fun one. For the children, the parents are requested to supply a small gift, wrapped and labeled with a name. We will then give the kids their gifts and move onto the Adult's Secret Santa's.

As for the actual dinner, we will supply the Turkey and Beef Roasts. We suggest that all families attending please bring a bowl/plate of food to share. Please include a serving utensil if your contribution requires it. A - M bring a salad or hot dish and N - Z bring a desert, obviously to compliment the roasts that will be provided. Please bring a dish that can feed up to 12 people. Each family should bring along their own drinks too. Coffee and tea will be supplied. As can be appreciated, we need to make this an RSVP as I need to make arrangements for the roasts.

Please join us for a “Bring n’ Share Christmas Dinner” at our Townhouse Complex. Sunday, December 17, 2006 at 3:30pm to 9:30pm (or later).

SEE YOU with Your FAMILY & FRIENDS THERE!!!

RSVP to Adele at Adele(at)SACanada.org or on 604.575.4042.

Wesley

Adele I know its rather late but my mom and dad will be there tomorrow with Basil. You finally get to meet the people who had to put up with my nonsense for...well actually they're still putting up with my nonsense. :D

Adele

Hey Wes, I will be making a point of sitting down with them and making a lot of enquires.... ;)B)

Now how is it that they can not drag you along??? We have just under 40 folks that have confirmed and now my stress levels have risen dangerously high...as usual...but it always works out well and everyone has fun...So chat with you soon, and I will get back to you with some blackmail :D , I mean about the conversations I have with your folks.... ;):lol:

Rob

Hi Adele,

The 2 and a half of us will definately be there.

I believe that you never received my original acceptance a while ago.

Cheers

ROB

Adele

Thank you to all that made it out to a very successful event. There were 52 people in total, excluding the 3.5 'babies' but including the two bands.

I believe everyone had a lot of fun, had a lot of food and LEFT knowing "Mother WRIGHT" was very happy everyone enjoyed themselves.

I would like to make a special mention to the people who helped with the "behind the scenes preparations";

Marli and Walter, You are both wonderful friends, helpers and Marli, I am so glad I left the decorating ideas to you.

My daughter's Sam and Bekah, ever the entertainers and always wanting to chip in and help.

Basil and Nixie for suppling gift vouchers for Coffees, Pizza slices and Family trips up to Lake Okanagan.

Thanks must also be made to Basil and Shaun for their respective bands and the music they provided. It made the evening so much more pleasurable.

So all that is left to say is: "Merry Christmas to everyone and a prosperous New Year to all. Now that is the end of the functions for 2006!!!! Glad to have met so many new people this year, but the BEST is YET to come"

Watch this space for up coming 2007 functions....

Marli

Adele,

What I did was nothing compared to the effort you went to! You did all the planning, purchasing and cooking! Everyone had such a great time! Thank YOU so much!

It is always fascinating to see how well South Africans get along with one another even if they have never met each other.

Adele, we could not have done the decoting without help from your daughters. Sam came up with a couple of really good ideas and Bekah was very helpful in putting things in the places she was told to put them.

Again, from our side, thanks so much!

PS. I have no clue what the Christmas story was about! All I know is that there was a lot of Left, Right, Wright, Left, Left, Left, Right in it. If the story was worthwhile, you should consider publishing it without the nerve wrecking game associated to it!! :-)

Edited by Marli

Nixie
Adele,

What I did was nothing compared to the effort you went to! You did all the planning, purchasing and cooking! Everyone had such a great time! Thank YOU so much!

It is always fascinating to see how well South Africans get along with one another even if they have never met each other.

Adele, we could not have done the decoting without help from your daughters. Sam came up with a couple of really good ideas and Bekah was very helpful in putting things in the places she was told to put them.

Again, from our side, thanks so much!

PS. I have no clue what the Christmas story was about! All I know is that there was a lot of Left, Right, Wright, Left, Left, Left, Right in it. If the story was worthwhile, you should consider publishing it without the nerve wrecking game associated to it!! :-)

Adele,

Thanks for all your hard work putting all these events together !

Sorry we missed it, but there is always another time :-)

Nixie