Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'study'.

More search options

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


  • Immigration
    • General
    • Application
    • Coffee Clubs
    • LSD Trips & Arrivals
    • Settling In
    • Schools & Education
    • Going back?
  • Discussions
    • Foyer
    • General
    • Events
    • Communities
    • Money!
    • Home and Hearth
    • Health and Wellness
    • Ladies' Lounge
    • Spiritual Life
    • Lost-n-Found
    • Journals
    • Places of Interest
    • Travel
    • Youth
    • Funnies
  • Advertising
    • Classifieds
    • KuierKoerier¬©
  • Employment
    • Queries, Tips and News
    • Networking
    • Looking
    • Offering
    • Business
  • News from South Africa
    • General
    • Sport
  • Technical
    • Forum Help
    • Computers and Internet
    • Announcements

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

  • Start


Last Updated

  • Start


Filter by number of...

Found 3 results

  1. Liz88

    Proof of Funds - STUDY VISA

    I'd like to hear from people who have successfully applied for and received their study visa. Or anyone that can give me ideas on other ways to prove POF Proof of Funds: The current requirement is my full tuition plus $20,000 extra. Other than the bank statements, did any of you use your pension fund / provident fund statements as additional proof of income. As I understand using the house isn't wise as I'm keeping it for intent to return. Any other ideas for POF in order to make the application stronger?
  2. QueenOfHeartsZA

    Study permit and spouse working

    Hi all This post is on behalf of a friend. Their points are at 430( they haven't entered the pool, so it's just according to the calculators available). Her husband refuses to enter the pool unless he knows he actually has a chance. So my friend has been looking into the possibility of studying in Canada. Due to her being a teacher ,it will help her improve her ability to find a job in Canada. She has thought of doing the age 6-12 Montessori course, or the next level of elementary education, I think this would be masters as she has a BEd Foundation phase. What I want to know is, if she applies for a study visa and she does a one year course, will her husband need to get a work permit that requires a LMIA or an LMIA exempt work permit(an open work permit I would assume)?
  3. jonathan.b

    Where to study?

    I'm considering starting a diploma (in IT Programming) in RSA either through Varsity College or UNISA? Is it more advisable to start studying in South Africa, and then continue in Canada? Are degrees from certain Institutes not recognised? What is the best way to decide where to study? I would appreciate some feedback Jonathan